PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many wins to earn coach of year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot lifer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So how many wins would it take this team to win the Coach of the Year award for BB?

How many would it take if we ignored the one he earned last year?

Depends on the competition - if it's light I see Belichick as having a chance if we post an 11-win or better season. If the Bills keep playing well then Jauron would get a lot of consideration.

I don't know, I think with a decimated O-Line, the leagues lightest DT tandem, an end rusher coming off Lis Franc, an aging wr coming off knee surgery, an already immobile QB made moreso by surgery, and the leagues second toughest schedule, I'd say another 12 wins ought to do it for Dungy:D

Last edited:
In order for BB to earn the award, his team has to win 16 games according to Pats haters.

BB won this award last year and pats haters were not happy about it. With 16-0 record, they didn't have anything else to say.

These people will give this award to a 13-3 coach in a heart beat.

I don't know, I think with a decimated O-Line, the leagues lightest DT tandem, an end rusher coming off Lis Franc, an aging wr coming off knee surgery, an already immobile QB made moreso by surgery, and the leagues second toughest schedule, I'd say another 12 wins ought to do it for Dungy:D

I'd say 12 for Belichick. Regardless of what's going on with the Colts, they still have Peyton. If you could have all of their other issues magically go away and in exchange lose Peyton for the season, would you do it? I doubt it, and I doubt Dungy would either.

That depends on where the other teams stand at that time,Not just on the Pats record

Gonna be tough, a lot of haters out there. If GB performs well with Rogers, they'll be a candidate. Buffalo would be a candidate with a good year. I could see Fisher being considered if Tennessee gets a spark with Collins. Would love to say 12 or 13, but this is still an exceptional team were talking about with the Patriots.

Last edited:

That means Dungy has to win 12 games. They got blown out by Da Bears, then just squeaked by an overrated Minnesota team. Right now they're on pace for 8-8, though I would guess 10-6 if I had to bet.

I'd say 12 for Belichick. Regardless of what's going on with the Colts, they still have Peyton. If you could have all of their other issues magically go away and in exchange lose Peyton for the season, would you do it? I doubt it, and I doubt Dungy would either.
NE with 1 O-line starter, 2 TE's out, a smallish D-Line, and a Brady who just had surgery would be struggling as well. No one wants to lose not only their franchise QB, but an all time great to boot. If I knew the Colts would only give up 10 points per game, then sure, I'd take my chances that Sorgi and a healthy offense could score 11:D

So what will Dungy get when the Colts go 9-7 and the have the league's worst run offense and defense. I'm hearing the Colts are really optimistic that Addai will have 100 yards by midseason.

So what will Dungy get when the Colts go 9-7 and the have the league's worst run offense and defense. I'm hearing the Colts are really optimistic that Addai will have 100 yards by midseason.
Is that your prediction? 9-7, ranked 32nd on run D and run O?

After noticing that Bill didn't even get a sniff at coach of the week through the first two weeks going 2-0 after losing Brady in the first quarter of the first game of the season, and then besting the incomparable Lord Favre and the coaching genius who signed him, probably will take 16-0 again to win Bill any popularity contests...

Jauron is getting a lot of love from the NFL.com nitwits who select the candidates - must see him as the great white hope in the AFCE... Shanny is getting the love too thought by all accounts wasn't inept officiating the only reason Denver won... and Zorn naturally got a nod for winning his first game with the 'Skins (against week 1 nominee Sean Payton...) probably because based on how he and they looked in week 1 getting nominated at all this season was likely in doubt.

After noticing that Bill didn't even get a sniff at coach of the week through the first two weeks going 2-0 after losing Brady in the first quarter of the first game of the season, and then besting the incomparable Lord Favre and the coaching genius who signed him, probably will take 16-0 again to win Bill any popularity contests...

Jauron is getting a lot of love from the NFL.com nitwits who select the candidates - must see him as the great white hope in the AFCE... Shanny is getting the love too thought by all accounts wasn't inept officiating the only reason Denver won... and Zorn naturally got a nod for winning his first game with the 'Skins (against week 1 nominee Sean Payton...) probably because based on how he and they looked in week 1 getting nominated at all this season was likely in doubt.

i'm not sure if bill has done anything so far this year to earn coach of the week. the chiefs almost took us into overtime. we did beat the jets, but too many people forget that they could have easily lost to miami if the jests had had their kicker in the game. new york is not very good.

since we do have an easy schedule and a lot of talented guys outside of the qb position anyway, it would probably take 13 wins to get BB the COY award. which is very attainable, imo. of course with everyone hating on us, it might need to be 16-0 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes