PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many times have you seen the 4th quarter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
am i the only one that continues to see it ?

i think that i have seen it already 5-6 times and i will see again it before go to sleep this evening (here is 21,40...)

;)

am i the only one that continues to see it ?

i think that i have seen it already 5-6 times and i will see again it before go to sleep this evening (here is 21,40...)

;)

I downloaded the game and watched it again. If Kearse catches that deep pass that bounced off his hands near end of 3rd quarter, SEA wins. They were up by 10 and the pass puts them on the Pats 20. Minimum FG, up by 13. Pats only got the ball 2 more times, scoring 2 TSs. Best case they are up by 1, but Kearse's butt catch in the 4th gives them the FG for the win. There is really no denying this.......wins/loses lie on single plays throughout games.

I downloaded the game and watched it again. If Kearse catches that deep pass that bounced off his hands near end of 3rd quarter, SEA wins. They were up by 10 and the pass puts them on the Pats 20. Minimum FG, up by 13. Pats only got the ball 2 more times, scoring 2 TSs. Best case they are up by 1, but Kearse's butt catch in the 4th gives them the FG for the win. There is really no denying this.......wins/loses lie on single plays throughout games.
You down loaded the game, Where? This is the first SB i haven't recorded...i forgot.:mad:

Until I find a means to re-watch it...only one. But I'm hoping someone has 3 games to glory ready to print ASAP.

funny thing is...

After the 3-and-out to start the 4th I stopped the DVR and deleted the game. Then we got a 3-and-out so I decided that either greatness will happen right now, or this is a wasted day.

Thus I have the last 12:10 & postgame celebration

TD for us, 3-and-out for them, TD for us, then a wild last 2:02.

One thing I have to watch ASAP are the overlooked 3rd down plays that really made it all possible:

3rd and 14 at NE 28 , (10:58) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass deep middle to J.Edelman to NE 49 for 21 yards
3rd and 8 at SEA 25 (8:46) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to J.Edelman to SEA 4 for 21 yards

The last scoring drive was comfortable by comparison (no 3rd downs)

I recorded it. Will be re-watching soon.

Don't forget that if Kearse makes that catch you mention near the end of the 3rd quarter, about 2 more minutes run off the clock (minimum 3 more plays for Seattle). Let's assume we held them to a FG. Now, when you consider we scored the go ahead TD with 2:02 remaining - subtract the 2 minutes I mentioned earlier, and Seattle would likely have 0 time left to drive downfield.

Don't forget that if Kearse makes that catch you mention near the end of the 3rd quarter, about 2 more minutes run off the clock (minimum 3 more plays for Seattle). Let's assume we held them to a FG. Now, when you consider we scored the go ahead TD with 2:02 remaining - Seattle would likely have 0 time left to drive downfield.

Interesting point. Sure is much less playful to play what-ifs when your team pulls out the W.

I've seen multiple replays of all the scoring plays and I figure I've watched the sequence from the Patriots' go-ahead TD through the Seattle drive that ended in The Pick about 50 times. I've seen The Pick replayed at least 100 times.

Otherwise, I recorded the game and Trophy Presentation, but haven't watched yet. I think I might watch the fourth quarter while I'm on my exercise bike this afternoon trying to work off some of the SB food and booze. Great motivation!

I have watched it four times now and have plans for another viewing tonight. I've probably seen Malcolm Butler's catch over 50 times.

Speaking of which . . . seeing Brady after Butler's pick: he's calling Edelman "a bit of a spaz"? :p

Seen Butler's pick loads of time but am planning on rewatching the whole shebang tonight on NFLN. :)

I have seen some of those fan reaction videos over and over again as well.

I downloaded the game and watched it again. If Kearse catches that deep pass that bounced off his hands near end of 3rd quarter, SEA wins.

Note that Butler had his hand on Kearse's bottom arm (arm whose hand is underneath the ball) as Kearse tries to catch that ball.

After watching it LIVE, I re -watched the 4th Q. Went to bed at 6am, slightly inebriated (lol).
I have watched game in full twice since. Before the Draft comes around I will have it well worn out.

You down loaded the game, Where? This is the first SB i haven't recorded...i forgot.:mad:

If you have NFLN they are replaying it twice tonight

exactly 6 times. ESPN Brazil has been replaying the whole game non-stop, i have watched every single one of them

watch the pick over and over...if the WR takes 1 step to the inside then cuts to his right, he scores easily. Butler was jumping that route from the get go. Great play recognition...a split second hesitation and it's a TD..amazing pick

Tonite will be 3rd time I'm seein Whole Game and everytime it ends same way. CLASSIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots