PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many times have the Pats traded down in the 1st round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiZ

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
while BB was here? I dont think they ever traded down in the 1st round, they took Seymour at #6 and Warren at #13 too, and moved up in the 1st to get Graham. I dont recall them trading down does anyone remember?

They traded away two 1st rounders, gave one to Baltimore who drafted Boller and last year to San Fran who took Staley. They had two 1st round picks both times those years and traded them for future 1sts.

Those both were essentially trade downs because we did get 2nd,3rd round picks in addition to the future firsts. So in 7 years we have traded down twice and traded up 3x(Graham,Light,Jackson).

Those both were essentially trade downs because we did get 2nd,3rd round picks in addition to the future firsts. So in 7 years we have traded down twice and traded up 3x(Graham,Light,Jackson).

Neither Jackson nor Light were 1st round picks. They were both early 2nd round picks. If you are going to start talking about trade ups in the 2nd round, you have to include Eugene Wilson and Bethel Johnson.

Ty Warren was a 1st round pick that the Pats traded UP for.

So, in 7 years, they've traded up twice and down twice.

One interesting thing I've seen is the Patriots swapping with KC to leapfrog NYJ if Gholstion is still there.

One interesting thing I've seen is the Patriots swapping with KC to leapfrog NYJ if Gholstion is still there.
source? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye