PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many teams are after how many kickers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Patriots Salary Cap Guru
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Are the Cowboys still looking for a kicker??

Right now, I think that the Patriots, Chiefs, Falcons, Packers, Cowboys and Dolphins who may release Mare need a kicker. Right now, Edinger, Vanderjagt and Todd Peterson may be the only available UFA kickers.

To me, it is going to be an interesting game of musical chairs to see what kicker ends up with what team.

This leads to my question about why Dallas never made a play for Vinatieri. Warm weather, semi-dome but no interest. I wish we could find out why a team that lost a couple of games because of a kicker didn't at least try to go after him.

I also heard that Miami might cut Mare after June 1st to save money.

Does anyone know what his cap number is?

He's a pretty good kicker and playing against AFC east, he has experience kicking in cold weather. Though lately, he's missed some easy kicks, even in Miami.

I say the Pats should draft a kicker (7th round/Conor Houghes) and sign a rookie FA, as mentioned already. Then, if during mini-camps the kickers don't impress and Mare is cut loose.............

If they decide to sign one now, Edinger would be my choice. He has a strong leg but is wild at times. I am very surprised with his results last year.

Also, just say no to Vanderjacked. The negatives way-outweigh the positive.
He is pretty good on p.a.t.s'. :)

PatsRI said:
This leads to my question about why Dallas never made a play for Vinatieri. Warm weather, semi-dome but no interest. I wish we could find out why a team that lost a couple of games because of a kicker didn't at least try to go after him.

I do not think many teams will pay that price for a kicker.

somebody's gonna be left with no chair

Miguel said:
Are the Cowboys still looking for a kicker??

Right now, I think that the Patriots, Chiefs, Falcons, Packers, Cowboys and Dolphins who may release Mare need a kicker. Right now, Edinger, Vanderjagt and Todd Peterson may be the only available UFA kickers.

To me, it is going to be an interesting game of musical chairs to see what kicker ends up with what team.
1. anybody but vanderjagt. after that "wide right-100 feet" kick, he needs a couple years psychotherapy, maybe a trip to the tibetan mountains, before he can attempt a 4th quarter kick in the nfl.
2. edinger or peterson is not a distinct choice.
3. any phee-noms coming up in the draft?

If Miami wanted to spread out the cap hit on Mare, the new CBA allows them to release him now and still spread the hit out like it was an after June 1 release. I think they would like him to take a paycut or restructure, but they will hold onto him because they need him.

As for Dallas, they traditionally haven't paid a lot of money for kickers. They have always let them go, and I think that is still true with Parcells there. They will sign someone, but I don't think they are interested in paying top dollar for someone. That is why they ruled out Adam.

Also, put me in the "Say No to Vanderjagt" camp. Can't stand the guy. I'd rather not even carry a kicker and go for the TD every 4th down in FG range than sign that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back