Welcome to PatsFans.com

How many ROOKIE UDFA's make the team

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, May 19, 2006.

?

How many rookie UDFA's will make the 53, other than Roach and Bramlett

1. 0

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. 1

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. 2

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +596 / 46 / -21

I have gotten great grief for believing that only these two have a shot: Roach as a developmental linebacker and Bramlett likely only keeping a spot that a vet will fill when signed.

Other than Bramlett and Roach, how many rookie UDFA's will make the team?

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  2. drew4008

drew4008 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Zero......

3. mgteich

Ratings:
    +596 / 46 / -21

did you vote?

4. rookBoston

rookBoston 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +69 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

...other than Roach and Bramlett? Are you suggesting that those two will make the 53-man? I think that's unlikely... unless you mean make the 53-man ever in their careers.

I think none of the UDFAs will make the team this year, and if one does, it'll be Bramlett.

But there are some other projects that I think deserve some attention. Verdell Brown, the undersized CB who plays huge. And Jakari Wallace, a pint sized WR who apparently caught everything in his area.

WR and CB are two positions where BB doesn't care about size. It's about technique and execution, and he's willing to concede on size in favor of speed and work ethic.

I think 3 or 4 of the UDFAs at rookie camp are likely to play in the NFL, eventually.

5. arrellbee

arrellbee Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Good question !!

I presume you are talking about making the 53 man roster. Several will probably make the practice squad.

I'd like to think Bramlett would have a chance - even tho I don't think we have even the slightest hint yet as to whether he has the qualifications. Past history says that Belichick will carry 3 QB and one will be a vet. But he is always surprising us !! You could guess that a lot depends not only what Bramlett shows but what Cassell shows. If Belichick thinks Cassell is as good a backup as a veteran QB, maybe that leaves a spot for Bramlett. There is a difference between 6th round and undrafted tho.

History tells us that 1 or at most 2 of the UDFA's will make it:

00 - Paxton
    01 - Neal, Ashworth
    02 - none that I am aware of
    03 - Mruczkowski
    04 - Gay, (Alexander)
    05 - Wright

6. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I thnk another COULD make the squad..but I am not sure Roach and Bramlett definitely will...they do have the best chances...although numbers wise, I do think an Ayodele or Drame could be on the team, but inactive...(More of a project, even thought I think the PSqd is better for that)...I agree 3 or 4 others in time could make it..It is one of learning and the breaks of the game that may have more to do with that.
    I also agree that Brown or Wallace are interesting possibilities..but also S KJackson and WR EDavis...or even LB Woods or RB Cobbs or the two linemen, Barthelmes and Hand. I just think this class of UDFAs may be a bit stronger than in years past.

7. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I thought you had been saying that NO UDFAs would make the team. Glad to see you on-board with Roach and Bramlet. Welcome to the UFDA bandwagon :D

8. mgteich

Ratings:
    +596 / 46 / -21

:)

Yes, you understand my position. I'm with rook, I don't think any will make it.

However, there has been so much discussion about all the favs of the favorite posters, I thought I'd see how many we really think will make it.

I do agree that Roach and Bramlett have the best shot, Roach as a developmental linebacker, and Bramlett as the #3 QB. And, I will put them on my 65 or so player rosters.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  9. oldrover

oldrover Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +707 / 3 / -5

#50 Jersey

If by make the team, you mean the practice squad, then 2 or 3. If you mean the 53-man roster, then maybe 1, but most likely, none.