Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have gotten great grief for believing that only these two have a shot: Roach as a developmental linebacker and Bramlett likely only keeping a spot that a vet will fill when signed.

Other than Bramlett and Roach, how many rookie UDFA's will make the team?

Last edited:
...other than Roach and Bramlett? Are you suggesting that those two will make the 53-man? I think that's unlikely... unless you mean make the 53-man ever in their careers.

I think none of the UDFAs will make the team this year, and if one does, it'll be Bramlett.

But there are some other projects that I think deserve some attention. Verdell Brown, the undersized CB who plays huge. And Jakari Wallace, a pint sized WR who apparently caught everything in his area.

WR and CB are two positions where BB doesn't care about size. It's about technique and execution, and he's willing to concede on size in favor of speed and work ethic.

I think 3 or 4 of the UDFAs at rookie camp are likely to play in the NFL, eventually.

mgteich said:
I have gotten great grief for believing that only these two have a shot: Roach as a developmental linebacker and Bramlett likely only keeping a spot that a vet will fill when signed.

Other than Bramlett and Roach, how many rookie UDFA's will make the team?
Good question !!

I presume you are talking about making the 53 man roster. Several will probably make the practice squad.

I'd like to think Bramlett would have a chance - even tho I don't think we have even the slightest hint yet as to whether he has the qualifications. Past history says that Belichick will carry 3 QB and one will be a vet. But he is always surprising us !! You could guess that a lot depends not only what Bramlett shows but what Cassell shows. If Belichick thinks Cassell is as good a backup as a veteran QB, maybe that leaves a spot for Bramlett. There is a difference between 6th round and undrafted tho.

History tells us that 1 or at most 2 of the UDFA's will make it:

00 - Paxton
01 - Neal, Ashworth
02 - none that I am aware of
03 - Mruczkowski
04 - Gay, (Alexander)
05 - Wright

rookBoston said:
...other than Roach and Bramlett? Are you suggesting that those two will make the 53-man? I think that's unlikely... unless you mean make the 53-man ever in their careers.

But there are some other projects that I think deserve some attention. Verdell Brown, the undersized CB who plays huge. And Jakari Wallace, a pint sized WR who apparently caught everything in his area.

WR and CB are two positions where BB doesn't care about size. It's about technique and execution, and he's willing to concede on size in favor of speed and work ethic.

I think 3 or 4 of the UDFAs at rookie camp are likely to play in the NFL, eventually.
I thnk another COULD make the squad..but I am not sure Roach and Bramlett definitely will...they do have the best chances...although numbers wise, I do think an Ayodele or Drame could be on the team, but inactive...(More of a project, even thought I think the PSqd is better for that)...I agree 3 or 4 others in time could make it..It is one of learning and the breaks of the game that may have more to do with that.
I also agree that Brown or Wallace are interesting possibilities..but also S KJackson and WR EDavis...or even LB Woods or RB Cobbs or the two linemen, Barthelmes and Hand. I just think this class of UDFAs may be a bit stronger than in years past.

I thought you had been saying that NO UDFAs would make the team. Glad to see you on-board with Roach and Bramlet. Welcome to the UFDA bandwagon :D

:)

Yes, you understand my position. I'm with rook, I don't think any will make it.

However, there has been so much discussion about all the favs of the favorite posters, I thought I'd see how many we really think will make it.

I do agree that Roach and Bramlett have the best shot, Roach as a developmental linebacker, and Bramlett as the #3 QB. And, I will put them on my 65 or so player rosters.

spacecrime said:
I thought you had been saying that NO UDFAs would make the team. Glad to see you on-board with Roach and Bramlet. Welcome to the UFDA bandwagon :D

Last edited:
If by make the team, you mean the practice squad, then 2 or 3. If you mean the 53-man roster, then maybe 1, but most likely, none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back