PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Moss, Welker, Faulk, Gaffney, and Watson had almost all the receptions. Morris had a few also. Gaffney will be back or replaced in free agency. Maroney should take some of the running back receptions. Aiken, a STer and our #4 WR, was next I believe.

This is as it should be. We had a fine passing game this year, which of course will improve next year. The total production for the players listed above should increase.

We pay a lot for WR's and have a fine group.
===========================
As the offeason goes on, there is always talk about how we must have top contributers at #4 WR, #5 WR, #6 WR, #2 TE and #3 TE. Barring injuries, I expect very few touches for any of these players. I expect our #4 and #5 receivers to be top STer's and our #2 TE and #3 TE to be top blockers.

Moss, Welker, Faulk, Gaffney, and Watson had almost all the receptions. Morris had a few also. Gaffney will be back or replaced in free agency. Maroney should take some of the running back receptions. Aiken, a STer and our #4 WR, was next I believe.

This is as it should be. We had a fine passing game this year, which of course will improve next year. The total production for the players listed above should increase.

We pay a lot for WR's and have a fine group.
===========================
As the offeason goes on, there is always talk about how we must have top contributers at #4 WR, #5 WR, #6 WR, #2 TE and #3 TE. Barring injuries, I expect very few touches for any of these players. I expect our #4 and #5 receivers to be top STer's and our #2 TE and #3 TE to be top blockers.

the point, please.

we don't need boldin or a a high draft pick wr

we don't need boldin or a a high draft pick wr

You're right, also Boldin wants money that we don't have, it's better to spend in our big guys (Mankins, Wilfork)

Yeah, I misunderstood the discussion on Boldin in the Draft Forum. If he's expensive and not even available without trade, we can't do it.

Would be nice to be grooming the next Moss, though.

I suspect Gaffney stays. He takes a lot of flack for essentially one bad drop.
I'd say Moss dropped more crucial balls than Gaff did. He mind-wiped us of this by also making more big-time catches than Jabar. I like the Moss/Welker/Gaff/Aiken combo.

I'd like to see more Aiken and perhaps this year with Tom (I assume) we will.

I'd love to see a #4 who could take on ST duties - PR and KOR - to take that burden off of starters like Welker, Hobbs and Faulk.

Basically, someone like Washington (except who could play offense) or like Slater (except who could play offense or PR). :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots