PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many Quarterbacks Have To Go Down Before Polo Gets More Reps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We all breathed a sigh of relief when Brady got up after being sacked while playing with a 30 point lead.

I will not be surprised if the Pats are receiving some calls for Pollo. I mean, he's young and showed a lot of promise. More importantly tough, Brady looks like he is a f***ing Spanish Conquistador, discovered the fountain of youth and it's just showing off.

I am a big supporter of Grop, but I don't think he is irreplaceable, meaning he does have a price and I'd let go of him for it. Only question remaining is if he's as valuable for somebody else as he is for the Pats. I would only accept a first round pick-value of him (not in 2016 too, thanks to Goddell), but don't if another team would be willing to roll the dice for that price

Last edited:
Apparently so.

If the thought of a 6'4" 225lb. man getting gently pushed to the ground frightens you to the point of breathlessness - maybe football's not for you.
Effective arguments can be made for sitting or not sitting players. The tone and frequency with which people wail against not sitting QBs in blowouts is absurd.

I will not be surprised if the Pats are receiving some calls for Pollo. I mean, he's young and showed a lot of promise. More importantly tough, Brady looks like he is a f***ing Spanish Crusador, discovered the fountain of youth and it's just showing off.

I am a big supporter of Grop, but I don't think he is irreplaceable, meaning he does have a price and I'd let go of him for it. Only question remaining is if he's as valuable for somebody else as he is for the Pats. I would only accept a first round pick-value of him (not in 2016 too, thanks to Goddell), but don't if another team would be willing to roll the dice for that price

They should keep him and just use the first round picks they got for Rohan Davey and Ryan Mallett,

Effective arguments can be made for sitting or not sitting players. The tone and frequency with which people wail against not sitting QBs in blowouts is absurd.

It goes back to a couple of my usual things:

- Why are the Patriots the only team expected to stop trying in the third quarter, and sit their QB down?

- If Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are secure enough in Brady's safety to keep sending him out there, why should I listen to Random Messageboard Person instead of them?

- He's 6'4" 225lbs and plays football, not tiddlywinks. He gets paid a lot of money to get hit. Every NFL quarterback does. Why is there no outcry for those other QBs to sit?

I will not be surprised if the Pats are receiving some calls for Pollo. I mean, he's young and showed a lot of promise. More importantly tough, Brady looks like he is a f***ing Spanish Conquistador, discovered the fountain of youth and it's just showing off.

Sure, why the hell not. If Brady gets hurt we always have Ryan Lindley on speed dial. :rolleyes:

Sure, why the hell not. If Brady gets hurt we always have Ryan Lindley on speed dial. :rolleyes:

We might be able to pick up Hoyer or Mallet for a 2nd.

We might be able to pick up Hoyer or Mallet for a 2nd.

LOL, I know that's a joke, but no thanks.

I'll prefer the upside of Garropollo over either of those two no matter the cost.

Coaches coach, players play, fans b****h & moan. :)

I agree. I've been saying this for years, even going back to the 2007 season. But I'm also cautious about Brady getting hit low and dirty by some DL/LB/DB who's butthurt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back