PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many QBs will stay on the roster throughout the preseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anyone see the other QBs besides Brady and O'Connell playing at least a little in the preseason games at QB? - Will Gutierrez give it a final try and try to hang on to a roster spot? or will Hoyer and Edelman stick around until at least one of them gets either cut or sent to the PS?

I think when all is said and done we will have Brady and O'Connell as our 2 QBs on the roster with Edelman on the PS and maybe called up and used in a wildcat game plan situation - I think Hoyer and Gutz will both be cut by week 3 of preseason but not beforehand.

Does anyone see Edelman,Hoyer or Gutz getting much action in preseason? - Week 1 perhaps?

Last edited:
Re: How many QBs will stay on the roster throughout Preseason?

The depth chart will look something like this:

Brady
Vick
Whoever

Anyone see the other QBs besides Brady and O'Connell playing at least a little in the preseason games at QB? - Will Gutierrez give it a final try and try to hang on to a roster spot? or will Hoyer and Edelman stick around until at least one of them gets either cut or sent to the PS?

I think when all is said and done we will have Brady and O'Connell as our 2 QBs on the roster with Edelman on the PS and maybe called up and used in a wildcat game plan situation - I think Hoyer and Gutz will both be cut by week 3 of preseason but not beforehand.

Does anyone see Edelman,Hoyer or Gutz getting much action in preseason? - Week 1 perhaps?

I'm not convinced Edelman would be able to clear waivers, especially given that KC could use another WR or two. . . .

Edelman can't really be considered a QB anyways, can he ? He's basically a WR in camp, right ?

The depth chart will look something like this:

Brady
Vick

not going to happen he'd never be the back up here
Whoever

Thye'll probably keep 4 till right at the end and decied who will be the 3

Well if Vick doesn't want to come here to back up Brady, Warren Moon isn't signed at the moment. God knows we haven't had a quality vet back-up since the days of Vinny Testeverde.

They don't cut QB's until after week 4 of the pre season. That is when the remaining options battle it out in the second half. Brady might play a series in week 4. His backup (hopefully KOC once he gets his act together) will play the remainder of the first half and possibly a series in the 3rd quarter. It's entirely possible there is a place for everyone if Edleman makes the 53 as a backup WR and ST player, Gutz remains as the #3 and Hoyer goes to the PS. Haven't seen or heard much about Gutz and Hoyer yet so it's hard to say how they are doing. KOC is struggling a bit out of the gate.

I doubt any of the QBs get cut unless they fall flat on their face in the preseason games.

Apparently, 5 or 6. Finding more high profile QBs seems to be the training camp priority.

Sorry, thought this involved Vick and Lemon or whatever. Yes you need a lot of arms in preseason, so I guess the number is important.

I guess I don't feel the number of preseason qBs is the biggest team issue and was being sarcastic. Never mind.

I'd like to mention that BB is a genius and it's great to have Tom back, if that's not too controversial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey