PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

how many possibilities for a Pats-Bears Super Bowl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
ok...i know...it is too early but i really would like a Super Bowl against the Bears and after 20 years...let's pay them...

what do you think ?

is it a serious possibility ?

for me there are surely some possibilities for it...

I also brought this topic up awhile back.
Possible? yes But I think Bears will have a hard time against a good offense
with a good D.
Skins or Seahawks will be a challenge for the Bears. Even the Giants may
be a little difficult although Giants D is not that great and if they can take
Tiki out of the game they would proably win that game.

If they have to play Dallas that would be tough also but with Drew being
pressured they probably win that one.

Other than these teams I can't see too much standing in their way.

So it just might happen! Whooa! :) Payback time.

If these two teams meet .. I am pretty confident Patriots would win
if they are healthy.

Last edited:
i really would love a Super Bowl against them

i have not yet been able, notwistanding the recent victories, to forget our collapse that day 20 years ago...

really difficult to forget for me

i agree that , if healthy (ok... without any further loss...) we could win against them

but...too early

I'm praying this doesn't happen(obviously), but the most storylines would come from a pats/cowboys super-bowl. Parcells against Belichick? The media would go nuts. :D

Fortunately, it probably won't happen. ;) :D

I would love to avenge superbowl 20, but no way would we destroy them like the Bears destroyed the Pats that year..No freaking way.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I'd love to see it, especially if we win by a bunch and Mike Vrabel scores at least once to make amends for Ditka's letting the Fridge score an easy TD from inside the five instead of allowing Walter Payton get an SB score. Over these 20 years, that grates on me more than the whupping itself.

PatsFanSince74 said:
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I'd love to see it, especially if we win by a bunch and Mike Vrabel scores at least once to make amends for Ditka's letting the Fridge score an easy TD from inside the five instead of allowing Walter Payton get an SB score. Over these 20 years, that grates on me more than the whupping itself.

yeah and Ditka is on ESPN so we might get to see him squirm a little. He might
even make a bold prediction and get stuffed!

Last edited:
BionicPatriot said:
I would love to avenge superbowl 20, but no way would we destroy them like the Bears destroyed the Pats that year..No freaking way.

I don't know.

We're getting way, way, way ahead of ourselves here, but I think we match up pretty well against them (rather play Da Bears than the Seahawks). If the front seven put a lot of pressure on an inexperienced Grossman, the weaknesses of the secondary wouldn't be exposed and I'm pretty sure he won't have seen a D in the NFC like anything Belichick and Mangini would throw at him. I'm also confident that Belichick and Brady would would pick apart their vaunted defense, just as long as the O line gives TB some time and Dillon/Faulk/Pass bring their A game. But we have to win a Wild Card game first and then take care of other business.

JR4 said:
yeah and Ditka is on ESPN so we might get to see him squirm a little. He might
even make a bold prediction and get stuffed!

Yeah, but ultimately our best revenge is that we've been to the SB four times since 1985 vs. zilch, zero, nada times for the Bears.

I posted a New England/Chicago superbowl last week. I like teams that play smash mouth football. Both these teams may not make it, but I wouldn't bet against either one. If it does happen, I don't see Chicago putting to many points on us, and no one stops Brady.

It would be cool to beat a team from the NFC North in the Super Bowl. The Patriots have already beaten teams from the NFC South, East, and West in the big game. Beating someone from the NFC North would give them a kind of unique sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back