How many points would Indy have scored

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If we just played like an average offense in the second half

The offense was aweful. Even after all that happened, they had two chance to win the game in the last two drives.

They tanked. Was is it playcalling, was is poor adjustment by the QB, was it poor adjustment by the QB, was it poor execution by Brady? was it poor execution by Caldwell? Yes, to all those. Was it injuries and flu? Who knows?

Let's be clear. The wideouts were better than what we've had in the past. Had the offense been just a little better in one of the last two drives, we'd be celebrating.

The wideouts were better than what we've had in the past.
I assume you mean earlier this season. These guys tried, and got us through the season, but they aren't good enough. We need a better top WR, maybe not a true #1 but a better WR than Caldwell. That would solve a lot of our problems.

But, sure, an extra first down here or there would have made all the difference - especially at the end of the first half when we could have been up 24-3 instead of 21-6 at halftime.

If Colvin and Hawkins had not left the game for a long period of time, the Colts would have scored under 20 in the 2nd half, IMO.

If we had gotten just 1 first down in the final 4 minutes, we would have likely won the game, IMO.

Oh well, congrats to Indy and I hope the Bears crush them.

Well, yes, the offense was lousy in the second half, even with the 21-3 lead I bet most felt we needed at least two or more additional touchdowns to win that game, I did. But some credit must be given to the Colts D, they played with a crazed passion that rattled the Pats in the second half. Teams that get this far in the playoffs have to be pretty good, or better, and the Colts played like a good team, it wasn't all just us not playing well.

It is amazing how a game can completely swing on just one play. In the Bears/Saints game the Saints had grabbed momentum, pulled within two at 16-14 and just forced the Bears to go three and out. Instead of getting the ball on the 42 after a great punt return, they get pinned back on the 4 after a block in the back penalty and the game was over one play later.

We had the ball in Indy terrority, the Colts ready to just unravel if we drive and go up 28-3 when Brady connects with Watson for a big first down to the Colts 35. But Brown's penalty (a ticky tack call not fitting a game like this, but anyway) negated the play, we punt, go into the soft prevent D to end the half and the game was instantly changed. One play, just one stinking play, a borderline penalty, and the game slips away. Incredible.

Last edited:
the Colts ready to just unravel if we drive and go up 28-3 when Brady connects with Watson for a big first down to the Colts 35. But Brown's penalty (a ticky tack call not fitting a game like this, but anyway) negated the play, we punt, go into the soft prevent D to end the half and the game was instantly changed. One play, just one stinking play, a borderline penalty, and the game slips away. Incredible.
Even a FG, 24-3 vs. 21-6, it's a 3 TD game at the half not two. Game over. I was awake in the middle of the night thinking about this :bricks:

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!! You nailed it.

Josh had the opportunities to match the Colts, but his play calling cost us 2 TD's where we had to settle for FG's. And then, in the final two and a half minutes, all he needed was ONE first down and he blew that too, with pitiful play calling.

Blame goes all around, but no one should let Josh McDaniels off the hook.... he had the chances to counter the Colts, and he couldnt handle it.

NEM, I hate to agree here, as its somewhat like feeding a crack addict's habit, but I found myself scratching my head/yelling at the TV at some of the calls, especially on 3rd down. The draw to Heath Evans was really bad, I mean, call that if you want, but have Faulk or Maroney in there. Too many missed opportunities, although it sounds weird to say that about a team that scored 27 points on offense. The non-call of interference in the end zone on Reche didn't help much either. Ugh, I feel ill, I need to go to a draft thread now and start planning for the 2 first rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes