PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many points will the Patriots put up in the 2009 regular season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many points the Patriots will score in 2009

• 400-450

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 451-500

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • 501-550

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • 551-600 (2007 record is 589 points)

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Simple poll question ....

Last edited:
I think that it would be extremely difficult to pull off what they did in 2007 but 450-500 is definitely a possibility. I think it's really going to come down to how well our defense holds up and whether or not we can grind it out a little better than last year on the ground when the weather starts getting nasty. Our run game is definitely better than the average NFL fan gives us credit for but we are definitely a passing team first.

The highest scoring team last year was San Diego with 439. But the Pats weren't far behind with 410. If they can score 410 with Cassell, I don't see why they can't approach 500 with Brady back.

The highest scoring team last year was San Diego with 439. But the Pats weren't far behind with 410. If they can score 410 with Cassell, I don't see why they can't approach 500 with Brady back.

+1

close to 500

I'd hope for somewhere around 490-520 points, around 31-32/game.

It was actually New Orleans with 463.

Considering we got pretty young secondary and revamped defense, I expect Pats to be in a lot of shootouts beginning of the season.....550+....

2007 was a once in a generation thing, I'm not expecting a repeat. Even the very low end of 400 points is respectable by NFL standards; that's 25 points per game. 28 ppg is considered to be very good and would be better than what all 32 teams did last year, yet that is less then 450 points. And 31 points is a big number to attain in a game, but is a huge number to average throughout the entire season - yet that is less than 500 points total.

I would say that 450-500 is an optimistic goal but would not be the least bit surprised with a total in the 400-450 range.

2007 was a once in a generation thing, I'm not expecting a repeat. Even the very low end of 400 points is respectable by NFL standards; that's 25 points per game. 28 ppg is considered to be very good and would be better than what all 32 teams did last year, yet that is less then 450 points. And 31 points is a big number to attain in a game, but is a huge number to average throughout the entire season - yet that is less than 500 points total.

I would say that 450-500 is an optimistic goal but would not be the least bit surprised with a total in the 400-450 range.

The Saints had 28.9 ppg last year.

I'll say one thousand and twelve (Fred Smerlas).

Simple poll question ....

i think the pats should run the bar more often this year than in 07' and kill the clock. this is how we used to do it back in 03 and 04. i love that style of football. therefore, scoring fewer points could actually be a very good thing.

Last edited:
The Saints had 28.9 ppg last year.
Shoot me, I went off the comments from a previous poster.

The point is still valid; 28 points per game is still considered to be a very good number and would normally be the league's best - yet we're talking about routinely scoring much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots