PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many players could be on PS, and will Vinny be back Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Im not sure how many people could be on the practice squad, and Im sure there are more moves to be made before Sunday...

With that being said, and all this Garret Mills talk, do you think Guiteriez will be cut ,and then Vinny be brought back a then Guiteriez signed to the PS?

Re: How many players could be on PS, and will Vinny be back sun?

Im not sure how many people could be on the practice squad, and Im sure there are more moves to be made before Sunday...

With that being said, and all this Garret Mills talk, do you think Guiteriez will be cut ,and then Vinny be brought back a then Guiteriez signed to the PS?

EIGHT...could be...maybe not now though...maybe later...

Wouldn't shock me if they wait until the PS are full to try to move Gutierrez there - no guarantees of course but it would seem to enhance the chances of Gutierrez not being claimed.

Wouldn't shock me if they wait until the PS are full to try to move Gutierrez there - no guarantees of course but it would seem to enhance the chances of Gutierrez not being claimed.

The ways things are going, I can see Vinnie being signed for Sunday's game. I can also see Guiterrez being waived but then claimed by the Giants instead of ending up on the practice squad. Unless, of course, if Belichick calls Tom Coughlin beforehand.

Vinny probably won't be back until at least after week 1 for his salary isn't guaranteed (not that it matters anyway with the $10M cap space the Pats have, and the fact that Vinny already qualifies for the veteran Minimum Salary Benefit).

The practice squad limit is 8. The Pats currently have 7.

Vinny's on speed dial for whenever. It's not like he needs to learn the offense, it's more or less the same one he's been in his entire career, and the team already knows what they're getting with him: a caretaker QB who can manage a game and will always have that little bit of Vinny magic in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back