PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many Opposing Teams' Fans Would Jump Out of Windows if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Chad Jackson comes of the PUP this week and catches 10 passes for 110 yards and 2 TD??????????

Of course, that'll never happen.

But think of the psychological murder this would commit on anyone out there hoping that their team will have a chance against the Patriots this year.

Re: How Many Opposing Teams' Fans Would Jump Out of Windows if........

Chad Jackson comes of the PUP this week and catches 10 passes for 110 yards and 2 TD??????????

But think of the psychological murder this would commit on anyone out there hoping that their team will have a chance against the Patriots this year.

CJ may be the most talented 6th WR in NFL history. However, the most we can send out in a given pattern is 4, so I'm not sure if this means anything.

CJ may be the most talented 6th WR in NFL history. However, the most we can send out in a given pattern is 4, so I'm not sure if this means anything.

Why 4? 5 man protection=5

Didn't we send out 5 on a couple plays earlier in the year? Maybe I'm confusing Watson with a WR.

Or we could just give Randy, Wes and Donte a few less snaps this week to rest up a bit. The lousy Miami D is quite banged up and/or IR'ed/Waived.

I would jump out of my window (4 ft drop) if that happened

Didn't we send out 5 on a couple plays earlier in the year? Maybe I'm confusing Watson with a WR.

All the time. When you go "Empty", it is a 5 WR set. I am confused by the "only 4 can go out" assertion.

All the time. When you go "Empty", it is a 5 WR set. I am confused by the "only 4 can go out" assertion.

Yup. Last year's game in Minnesota featured Tom Brady with 5 wide plenty of times.

I was really encouraged by BB's comments on Jackson. Using my Belichick decoder ring, it came out to something like "yeah, the kid was kind of a doofus last year and didn't understand what being an NFL player requires. But he took meetings seriously during his time off and seems to have smartened up, so we think he's ready now."

Jackson, Moss, Stallworth and Welker together? Yikes.

wow...a Chad Jackson sighting. Now we have something to be excited about. :rolleyes:

How many receivers can you have on the field at once??

Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Jackson, and Watson. Plus the QB. Maybe you could go a two TE set with Kyle. maybe two backs, with Maroney and Morris. That leaves 2 O-lineman. I like it. Is there an e-mail address for BB, so that I may suggest??

I was really encouraged by BB's comments on Jackson. Using my Belichick decoder ring, it came out to something like "yeah, the kid was kind of a doofus last year and didn't understand what being an NFL player requires. But he took meetings seriously during his time off and seems to have smartened up, so we think he's ready now."

Jackson, Moss, Stallworth and Welker together? Yikes.

I don't think Belichick was even saying that much [that CJ didn't know what it took to be an NFL player last year], I think BB said some positive things about Jackson last year, and he continued to say positive things about him this year. The only negativity towards Jackson came from media members and one or two subtle hints by Brady that were very general & vague (ie, worrying about rookies getting to meetings on time, etc.)

I'm very excited about Jackson potentially being added to this team and I do think he can really add something, as I said in another thread, even if its only a few times a game. Obviously, this guy was my 2006 "binky" as Glen Ordway would say, so I might be a little bias.

Even with Welker, Stallworth, whoever, Jackson may have the second most talent at receiving on the squad, just in terms of raw talent, speed, quickness, hands, etc... Sure, most of that talent is in the form of potential right now, but with Moss, Stallworth and Welker on the field, what better time to tap that potential? Add on top of that with Watson missing a few games giving an excuse for the Pats to go 4-wide, I say the sooner the better for Jackson getting on the field.

Last edited:

Rules state that 7 men must be on the line of scrimmage; every one else must be at least a yard off the line at the snap; only the ends (of those on the line) are eligible receivers. Therefore there are five players (the five interior linemen) who are ineligible. Eleven minus five leaves six; one is the quarterback, so you have five eligible receivers (unless a lineman throws a pass, which as far as I know is legal but I have never seen it happen). They can be "wide receivers", tight ends, backs, or even the quarterback (if one of the other six takes a direct snap, lateral or handoff).

Last edited:

I really don't see how they can keep Gaffney in the line-up over Jackson. CJ's size and speed at the 4th WR spot would create great mismatches. Moss and Welker on one side, Stallworth and Jackson on the other, how is any defense going to match-up with that size and speed all over the field? Then throw in Watson when he's healthy again. Yikes.

Last edited:

LOL, koppen comes out, keeps the ball, and takes a 5 step drop...

sees brady wide open in the end zone, and TOUCHDOWN DAN KOPPEN TO TOM BRADY

lol

LOL, koppen comes out, keeps the ball, and takes a 5 step drop...

sees brady wide open in the end zone, and TOUCHDOWN DAN KOPPEN TO TOM BRADY

lol

The center has to snap the ball. He can't just stand up and drop back with it.

any rules on HOW he has to snap it?....

he can just give it some air, so that he can step back and catch it himself...

(my previous post wasnt really meant to be analyzed...more laughed at...;) )

What about the teams the Pats face? If opposing defenses did everything in their power to stop Moss, Stallworth and Welker; only to see Chad Jackson catch 10 balls for 120 yards and 2TD's, would give many cordinators nightmares. I doubt he will be on the field this year unless their is an injury. However, I could definately see Jackson put some numbers in the passing game with all the attention elsewhere. CJ has loads of talent. I hope he plays this year.

I would be happy to see Chad Jackson as a solid #2 receiver. As of now, he has not lived up to what we expected when we drafted him.

What if he only catches 1 TD,4 passes for 60 yards total??
:D
Sucks to be the enemy then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots