PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many of you want just one more to savor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheenix11

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I remember one day in February 2005 getting into the shower and thinking to myself that after 3 championships in 4 years that it was going to be a great next few years as we three-peated and won an ungodly amount of championships. I would have bet my life then and there that Peyton Manning or his stupid little brother would never even see a Superbowl let alone win one. I thought it would last forever, why wouldn't it?

Now after the heartbreak of 2006 and the even more devastating heartbreak of 2007 and seeing Brady hurt in 2008 and the playoffs of last year I have come to realize just how special even 1 championship is. I realize now what we had back then. And I want it back, even just 1, just 1 more to really savor, like that last M&M in the bag.

I heard Parcells say something similar in his documentary, and Brady has as well, the next one is always the best one.

I know as far as being a fan, I will never take it for granted again. I promise, just one more guys. I just want to get this bad taste from 2007 out of my mouth.

Funny, I felt the same way. A few days after XXXIX, a friend called me and asked "Does it get old watching your team win a championship?". Back then, it almost was. I was happy that 3rd win gave them the Dynasty label, but I was more expecting them to win than excited for them to win that day.

I kick myself now for not enjoying it more. I think my feelings were back then "No one can stop this...they might go 6 for 7!". And after the 2006 in Indy, and the 2007 garbage; I only appreciate the wins now. The Browns game really reinforced that this year also...don't EXPECT to win anything. Just enjoy when they do.

I really want another banner hung in Foxboro, but I will appreciate and enjoy every win this team gives us. My days of "expecting" them are over.

I have enjoyed every single one. Each one is a little different with the first being the "extremely" special one.

I for one am looking forward to the next 2 or 3 more. I mean think about it, if this team is able to win it this year, what is going to stop them from winning 1 or 2 more in the next 5 years?

I'm greedy i want at least two more before Brady retires and i think its possible.

I remember one day in February 2005 getting into the shower and thinking to myself that after 3 championships in 4 years that it was going to be a great next few years as we three-peated and won an ungodly amount of championships. I would have bet my life then and there that Peyton Manning or his stupid little brother would never even see a Superbowl let alone win one. I thought it would last forever, why wouldn't it?

Now after the heartbreak of 2006 and the even more devastating heartbreak of 2007 and seeing Brady hurt in 2008 and the playoffs of last year I have come to realize just how special even 1 championship is. I realize now what we had back then. And I want it back, even just 1, just 1 more to really savor, like that last M&M in the bag.

I heard Parcells say something similar in his documentary, and Brady has as well, the next one is always the best one.

I know as far as being a fan, I will never take it for granted again. I promise, just one more guys. I just want to get this bad taste from 2007 out of my mouth.

Totally agree. Winning another championship would be very, very special.
Particularly since the expectations going into this year were kind of low to begin with. So many changes on defense, so many young players, so many uncertainties.
But this team is really looking to be one of the special ones to remember. I really hope they bring home the hardware this time.

Last edited:
Yup as a fan I became complacent after 2004 and even in 2007. Never again. I can definitely see how it happens to players though, it is far too easy to read the press clippings and believe everything you read.

Only thing that scares me this year is that everyone is jumping on their bandwagon now. Back in 2003 & 2004 despite back to back 14-2 records the so called experts were still picking Indy & Pitt. This year that doesn't seem likely.

At least one more is needed to shut up the spygate haters.

Now I am wondering about what we missed in the last two years with respect to Brady's knee injury, which everyone says really takes two years to be 100%. Could we have done it in 2008 with Brady instead of Cassel? I have to think we would have made the playoffs and could have beaten the Steelers. Last year if he played at this level we might avoid the bad Ravens matchup. Or maybe the injury made him hungrier and even more focused & mature

Part of me feels that the defensive overhaul was too incomplete either year, though.

I am enjoying this run and this team has become my favorite since 2001. It would be hard to top that one.

I don't have a certain number in mind but I want a new banner to be hung in Foxboro every September. If it doesn't happen, I understand that you can't win every year but a SB win is all I want every season.

I'm greedy i want at least two more before Brady retires and i think its possible.

Absolutely agree.... I'd love to see Brady and BB have the most Super Bowls each and together, for that matter.

Yup as a fan I became complacent after 2004 and even in 2007. Never again.

I agree wholeheartedly. Winning in 2007 was a "given", so much so that I travelled halfway across North America on a whim to see the "last home game before the undefeated season" in the AFC championship game. Never will I assume like that again. 2007 was gut wrenching and if they happen to win it this year, it will be a sweet one since it's been a number of years since the last. Not quite as sweet as the first, but sweet nonetheless.

I want 1 more ATLEAST before Brady retires!

I agree wholeheartedly. Winning in 2007 was a "given", so much so that I travelled halfway across North America on a whim to see the "last home game before the undefeated season" in the AFC championship game. Never will I assume like that again. 2007 was gut wrenching and if they happen to win it this year, it will be a sweet one since it's been a number of years since the last. Not quite as sweet as the first, but sweet nonetheless.

Me too, I saw Brady's perfect game in Miami that year and then I went up to Foxboro for the Jets game in December then back again for the AFCCG as well (man was that a cold day). I wanted to be a witness to history, it's almost like the Superbowl was anticlimactic. And in the end it was for us.

I love what I'm seeing this year, feels like the "old days" all over again, hell we even have Deion back!

After the last Super Bowl win, one of the media folks pointed out that a true "dynasty" involves multiple generations. In football terms, I took that to mean continued winning after big turnover.

Well, here we are. Most of the core of those 'Dynasty I' teams have moved on. (we all know the two most obvious exceptions). A new generation is here and there's more coming. I'm ready for 'Dynasty II.'

This is that year. We won't be stopped unless Pittsburgh stops us.

Would like to see a few more, not just one, along with one post Tom Brady...

I want 1 more ATLEAST before Brady retires!

That's not going to be for at least another 7 years. He's got at least a few more super bowl runs in him. We need more than 1 more. Don't depress me with that talk

After the last Super Bowl win, one of the media folks pointed out that a true "dynasty" involves multiple generations. In football terms, I took that to mean continued winning after big turnover.

Well, here we are. Most of the core of those 'Dynasty I' teams have moved on. (we all know the two most obvious exceptions). A new generation is here and there's more coming. I'm ready for 'Dynasty II.'

Agreed. I see no reason why the Pats, with the young talent they have now fortified with a couple GOATs at QB and coach, can't go on to win another 3 in the next 4 years.
I certainly don't expect it, but I don't discount it either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes