PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports TV shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports tv sh

I like fresh angles.

Once the angles get repeated, yipes, it's boring as hell.

Re: How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports tv sh

lol I am tired of it. Though I am glad Pitt IS flying under the radar, so enjoy the attention while its there.:)

Wow, are you guys kidding me?

How could there possibly ever be enough positive coverage?
I cannot think of a reason that I would want to turn on any TV Sports show and have them talk about anything other than the Patriots. And when they do, the part that I want to be positive is 100%.

I am totally shocked that any Pat fan would feel differently than that.

Be shocked then, because I'm a big and long-time Pats fan and I find the excessive fawning tiresome. I suspect BB is a bit tired of it too.

Someone said turn it off, but if I am watching the game, unless I want to hear Gil with a 5 second delay or have no sound, I can't avoid it.

How many of you are tired of hearing that the Pats sold out their principles when they got Moss ... or Meriweather? It's because of the media-driven idea that the Pats think they are morally superior, which then causes the "backlash."

Positive is great, but it often goes too far and sets a ridiculously high standard. I have no problem hearing about problems too, as long as they are driven by facts and logic and not by by a personal animosity or agenda (i.e., someone like Borges).

The media loves to build you up so they can revel in a failure.

I agree. It felt great for the first few weeks and now it almost makes me feel nauseous & guilty that other teams aren't getting more attention.

Also, the guys on ESPN and NFL Network "almost" sound phony at this point. I mean, how more is there to talk about this team?

Sometimes you wonder if a loss may not be the best thing that could happen. I know that doesn't sound like a Pats fan, but I just wonder.

I agree. It felt great for the first few weeks and now it almost makes me feel nauseous & guilty that other teams aren't getting more attention.

Also, the guys on ESPN and NFL Network "almost" sound phony at this point. I mean, how more is there to talk about this team?

Sometimes you wonder if a loss may not be the best thing that could happen. I know that doesn't sound like a Pats fan, but I just wonder.

I was with you until that last paragraph. I'm holding out hope for a you-know-what season, but like my man BB, am taking it one game at a time.

I find nothing much bothers me if I don't watch said shows.

Hold on. Isn't there an outraged post here every time anybody suggests the Patriots may not be the best team in football? Don't we all jump on the "haters"? What we have now is a sports media fantasy come to life: all praise of our team, all the time.

Don't let yourself get tired of it, not for a minute. We're living the sports fan's dream. Lean back and drink it in. It will all be over all too soon.

Why would I be tried? Silly question...

Re: How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports TV sh

I love it as long as we keep winning. If we suffer a bad loss in the playoffs then reading all the positive hype will just make it that much worse.

Re: How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports TV sh

For everyone who said anything similar to "I love it because for 30+ years we heard nothing".....I say

DITTO!!!!

I can see both sides here. How many times have we witnessed "great" regular season teams go down in the playoffs rendering all that positive coverage meaningless? I can think of a couple Colts teams like that.

Victories are the only thing that matters.

Enjoy the big time praise this team gets now. Its not going to last forever.

I love watching Tony from PTI worship the Pats, it’s heartwarming.

In some ways it's getting blown out of proportion, but that is what the media does. They're the team of the decade and people expect they're going to win another superbowl this year so it draws a lot of attention. I don't care about it, I just want the players and coaching staff to focus on each game as it approaches and so far they've done just that.

It's funny seeing people whine about the Colts getting less attention. Nobody asked for the kind of attention the Patriots were getting after week 1. The spotlight was there, and after trouncing the Chargers and every team that has followed, it wasn't going away.

If the Colts win on November 4th than they can take the spotlight for the rest of the regular season. All anyone should care about is how healthy the team is going into the playoffs and getting a bye through the wild card round.

All the talk makes me nervous...starting to sound like how people were talking about the "Greatest Show on Turf" prior to SB XXXVI...why can't we go back to being disrespected during the week and then poking everybody in the eye on Sunday?

All the talk makes me nervous...starting to sound like how people were talking about the "Greatest Show on Turf" prior to SB XXXVI...why can't we go back to being disrespected during the week and then poking everybody in the eye on Sunday?

No matter what happens in the years to come, it will be difficult to ever have a more satisfying Super Bowl victory than our first. As 14 point underdogs playing the greatest show on turf and how it was the year of the World Trade Center bombings and we were the Red, White & Blue "PATRIOTS" who was David defeating Goliath or even, the colonies defeating England in the last seconds...even an undeated season can't match that glory.

Last edited:

After the first half of 2004, we lost to the Steelers and dropped off the radar INSTANTLY.

Are you sure about that? After the infamous Pittsburgh game (Ty Law's last, end of winning streak), the Pats still cruised to a 14-2 season and went into Pittsburgh again in January at even money as the road team against a higher seed. Since the line ultimately reflects the public's perception of a team, and being at home is worth 2.5/3, I'd say the Patriots were still regarded as the league's best team.

Never thought I would say this... but YES. I am absolutely sick and tired of hearing about how good our boys are. It is no wonder fans of other teams hate us so much. Just my .02

Never thought I would say this... but YES. I am absolutely sick and tired of hearing about how good our boys are. It is no wonder fans of other teams hate us so much. Just my .02

But think about how stupid it is that opposing fans hate us for something we have nothing to do with.

"Look, they're talking about the Pats again! Damn do I hate them!!"

If only these fans could see how foolish that is:rolleyes:

lol I am tired of it. Though I am glad Pitt IS flying under the radar, so enjoy the attention while its there.:)

Elite level teams tend to get the majority of coverage. Those that are not on that elite level, well, don't.

(PS: Teams that lose to Arizona aren't elite level teams, in case you were wondering)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back