Welcome to PatsFans.com

How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports TV shows?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't know if I am in the minority of Patriots fans that are sick and tired of hearing on TV and articles everywhere of how great this team is and how we have a chance to go undefeated and this may be the best ever and on and on and on... :blahblah:

I liked it more when you didn't hear much about the team but they went out and won anyway and flew under the radar.

When we were winning those other super bowls we did not get as much media coverage as we do know,Back then it was just winning quietly,Now everytime we win a game its like we won the Super Bowl.

I would just like a bit of lesser media interruption of this season but I guess with a team like this that is talented across the board its a bit too much to ask for.

I guess we have to put up with countless TV commentators saying how great we are but what can you do when a team is dominating the league - Well I guess there could be worse things ,like being a Dolphins or Rams fan right now but still I used to love those quiet years of SB 36,38,39 when the media did not think we were so good and therfore didn't get much attention or mention .
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. SoCal Bong

SoCal Bong Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Re: How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports tv sh

It beats spygate commentary... and Colts worship...
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Re: How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports tv sh

I also miss the days when we used to have far fewer threads here but the tradeoff was they were of significantly higher quality. :rolleyes:
  4. Slagathor

Slagathor Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

From a fans perspective....

I can't hear it enough!!!!!!!!!!

As a fan since 1978, I had gotten used to not hearing enough about my team.

Even worse, what a horrible, badly managed team the Pats were.

If you lived through the whole Lisa Olson scandal and constant mention of the team being purchased and moved to either St. Louis or LA., I will soak up every good thing that is said about them.

The players heads aren't going to inflate over what the media says. That stuff is for us as fans to take in and enjoy.
  5. NYPatsFan

NYPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

All the overly positive coverage has become a bit tiresome, but when I think back to where this organization was 20 years ago, it's amazing (and justified).

One thing I am tired of hearing every Sunday is how the Patriots couldn't stop Welker and Morris when they played for Miami, so they went out and got them. Stop. Just stop. And the frustrating part is that I am going to hear it at least two more times this season.

Also, I wish the announcers would stop talking about the new acquisitions. Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Adalius Thomas, etc. The announcers are a broken record in that regard.
  6. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I can't get enough of it. I love it. The more the better. Because this might end up being a real special season, take it in and enjoy it while you can. We might never see a Patriots team this good ever again.
  7. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I like it, in a way, but it is simply the other side of the coin.

The media doesn't get it.

They don't have anything intelligent to say, so every year one team is great and all the other teams don't get coverage.

At least this year we are the team being talked about, which was not the case in 2001-2003, or 2005-2006. After the first half of 2004, we lost to the Steelers and dropped off the radar INSTANTLY.

So I don't mind the attention and we deserve it.

But at the same time, let's not pretend that the media has anything insightful to say, because they don't.

We get the same vague generalities as all the other teams that get the lion share of attention in any given season.

I would much prefer steady, consistent journalistic analysis of all teams, but that would take effort and the media just wants a lazy way out, so they focus on one team every season.

It happens in all sports, by the way.
  8. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

like a guy mentioned..better then spygate
  9. FlyingElvis75

FlyingElvis75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing it. Gotta enjoy it while we can.
  10. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't like it.

I wish they would talk up the Colts, or the Jags, or Vince Young, Or San Diego, or Brett Farve, or Adrian Pedersen, or the Steelers, or the Cowboys (yup, I would even take them) or anything else...

In sports I have always relished the underdogs, which is why the 2001 Superbowl will always remain my favorite...:)
  11. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If you don't like it, don't tune in then... pretty easy really.
  12. miamipat

miamipat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yeah i'm also tired of beautiful women wanting to have sex with every night and paying me for it. Seriously how could you not love hearing about how good they are. Enjoy it for you never no how long it will last.
  13. Airkuhl

Airkuhl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Kinda want.

I must admit I liked the underdog "no respect" days. Made each win feel like an upset.

Now it's all expected, and when(if) the Pats lose this year, I'm dreading all the inevitable hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth that will follow.
  14. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I love it - can't get enough of it.
  15. abdul7

abdul7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Keep them coming !! Cant get enough. GO PATS.
  16. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Wow, are you guys kidding me?

How could there possibly ever be enough positive coverage?
    I cannot think of a reason that I would want to turn on any TV Sports show and have them talk about anything other than the Patriots. And when they do, the part that I want to be positive is 100%.

I am totally shocked that any Pat fan would feel differently than that.
  17. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Post of the year nominee!!!! (And leader in the clubhouse)
  18. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

First, fans complain that the Pats don't get "respect". Now, you guys are complaining that the Pats are getting too much "respect"? I love how the Pats are getting airtime and praise from all the experts. It will never get old. The only teams that should be talked about are the Colts and Pats. Everyone else is in another league. If your not a Pats are Colts fan, it blows to watch NFL this year. This might be the worst competition in the NFL since the salary cap era began. I can't remember when I saw so many bad teams, and I mean really bad teams.
  19. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Its more of bad karma or something like that

The more I hear of how wonderful and unbeatable we are by these goons the more I get afraid it will backfire - Why do I feel like that? - I really don't know but I always liked our guys riding under the bus than in the front seat
  20. RobAllan

RobAllan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I can't believe this is even a thread! I remember when there was nothing about the Pats going on. This is spectacular! I'm going to eat it up while I can because there won't be another period like this in my fan lifetime. I bet the Bulls wish they were still the "it" team. Has anyone heard anything about Chicago in forever?

Seriously, it seems like alot now, but it passes quickly. Enjoy it while we can!
  21. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I like fresh angles.

Once the angles get repeated, yipes, it's boring as hell.
  22. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

lol I am tired of it. Though I am glad Pitt IS flying under the radar, so enjoy the attention while its there.:)
  23. onegameatatime

onegameatatime Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Be shocked then, because I'm a big and long-time Pats fan and I find the excessive fawning tiresome. I suspect BB is a bit tired of it too.

Someone said turn it off, but if I am watching the game, unless I want to hear Gil with a 5 second delay or have no sound, I can't avoid it.

How many of you are tired of hearing that the Pats sold out their principles when they got Moss ... or Meriweather? It's because of the media-driven idea that the Pats think they are morally superior, which then causes the "backlash."

Positive is great, but it often goes too far and sets a ridiculously high standard. I have no problem hearing about problems too, as long as they are driven by facts and logic and not by by a personal animosity or agenda (i.e., someone like Borges).

The media loves to build you up so they can revel in a failure.
  24. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

I agree. It felt great for the first few weeks and now it almost makes me feel nauseous & guilty that other teams aren't getting more attention.

Also, the guys on ESPN and NFL Network "almost" sound phony at this point. I mean, how more is there to talk about this team?

Sometimes you wonder if a loss may not be the best thing that could happen. I know that doesn't sound like a Pats fan, but I just wonder.
  25. onegameatatime

onegameatatime Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I was with you until that last paragraph. I'm holding out hope for a you-know-what season, but like my man BB, am taking it one game at a time.
  26. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I find nothing much bothers me if I don't watch said shows.
  27. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Hold on. Isn't there an outraged post here every time anybody suggests the Patriots may not be the best team in football? Don't we all jump on the "haters"? What we have now is a sports media fantasy come to life: all praise of our team, all the time.

Don't let yourself get tired of it, not for a minute. We're living the sports fan's dream. Lean back and drink it in. It will all be over all too soon.
  28. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Why would I be tried? Silly question...
  29. Patriots4Life83

Patriots4Life83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Re: How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports TV sh

I love it as long as we keep winning. If we suffer a bad loss in the playoffs then reading all the positive hype will just make it that much worse.
  30. Bannoman

Bannoman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Re: How many of you are tired of hearing about how great this team is on sports TV sh

For everyone who said anything similar to "I love it because for 30+ years we heard nothing".....I say

DITTO!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.