PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many more wins with Charlie & Romeo?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How Many More Wins With Charlie & Romeo Coaching?

Votes: 16 25.4%

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 25 39.7%

Votes: 13 20.6%

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on how some of you base whether a coordinator is good or not, an offense loaded with talent like ours would always lead you to conclude the coordinator was good.

Nevermind the wasted timeouts, never mind the blatantly obvious plays that get stopped, and never mind the regular choking when you need just a simple first down to put a game away... all of this doesn't matter because all that matters are sexy fantasy stats to the stat whores.

Last edited:
Here's a good post by Rhody in another thread, to pretty much make your arguments that O'Brien is a good coordinator look foolish:

Championship caliber teams win on the road. This is what Tom Brady and his "high powered" offensive toys have done in the 2nd half on the road this year.

0 pts against the Jets
0 pts against the Broncos
10 pts against rhe Colts
7 pts against the Saints
Even against the lowly Bucs in that faux road game in London this "high powered" O scored a whopping 14 pts in the 2nd half.

They not only are not scoring in the 2nd half of games to put those games away but they're not managing the clock to help out the D and theyre turning the ball over.
Only the kool-aid drinkers among us won't admit there are glaring problems with this offense, the strength of this team, which has literally cost them victories this year.

So guys, here's the main problem. Yes, the playcalling is really predictable. However, a certain future HOFr keeps screwing up the execution of those plays at the worst moments. That certainly doesnt help.

You don't think the two issues are related????

If I use Shaq way too much and predictably all season long, teams triple team him and I still insist on using him and he fails at it, is it the scheme or Shaq's fault?

Tunescribe when has Belichick ever fired a coordinator?

While he's ruthless about his players, he seems to give a long leash to his staff.

Even considering how crappy Mangini was as d-coordinator, Belichick still let him run the defense. Same with McKid his first year.

Why do you suppose BB gives his staff a long leash? BECAUSE THEY ARE HAND-PICKED TO DO HIS BIDDING!!! And like players, sometimes they need time to develop (a la McDaniels). Since when is firing a coordinator vital to a head coach's credibility? Are you hoping for Bob Kraft to swoop in and order BB to fire his coordinators? For heaven sakes, give BB some credit! You're making your own point with Mangini, whom BB "benched" the last half of his last season here.

This poll/thread has sadly illustrated how utterly ignorant most fans are. I'm surprised not only by the OP, but by those who think they know more than BB and have somehow talked themselves into believing that the '09 Patriots would have won more games with their old coordinators from five years ago.

At what point maverick are you simply going to let your argument go by the wayside because it's been proven by various posters that it's incorrect on so many levels.

Move on as this dead horse has been flogged.

Why do you suppose BB gives his staff a long leash? BECAUSE THEY ARE HAND-PICKED TO DO HIS BIDDING!!! And like players, sometimes they need time to develop (a la McDaniels).

Many here wouldn't even agree with this point of yours, but I agree. Belichick gives his coaches a long leash to develop them, just like he does his players. Even when they screw up, he's never fired a coordinator. Many here think that every single decision and play call is actually Belichick, that he deserves ALL the credit and blame, which is absurd.

After QB play, coaching is the second most important factor in winning games in the NFL, IMHO of course. Voted for 3 more wins based on that.

I think they beat the Broncos and the Colts with Weiss as Coordinator, the Jets I'm not to sure about.

That's your theory on the offense isn't it? We're so laden with talent at receiver we can afford to strip the reliance on Moss and Welker because the other receivers get the jobs done week in week out don't they.

Aiken, Stanback and Edleman strike fear into the hearts of opposing defensive coordinators.

Who were the receivers and running backs when Weiss was calling the plays, the fact is with him at OC?

I think they beat the Broncos and the Colts with Weiss as Coordinator, the Jets I'm not to sure about.

The D was at fault for both those losses. Weis is an OC.

This should be one of the best offenses of all time. Weis would have made them better than they are now. We likely would have scored more points and performed better in the second half. Yes, the defense was at fault (as in the Super Bowl). That does NOT mean that a better performing offense wouldn't have made up for the defenses mistakes.

The D was at fault for both those losses. Weis is an OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back