PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many more wins with Charlie & Romeo?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How Many More Wins With Charlie & Romeo Coaching?

Votes: 16 25.4%

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 25 39.7%

Votes: 13 20.6%

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those stats just go to show that stats don't automatically show a coordinator is good. You won't find anyone who says that O'Brien is a good coordinator. From 07-now the talent on the offense has been unbelievable. You could probably randomly pick a play from a hat all game and it would most often still look good.

I call your bluff and raise you with what non stat guys would accept

Scoring average: 27.9 thats 4th highest in the NFL this year

Oh ... that one hurt ... perhaps a non Pee's OC would achieve a 28.1 though.;)

The offense in spite of a banged up line and a QB who may or may not be 100% is averaging 27.9 points agaisnt a schedule so far where almost every opponent had a winning record when we played them.

Last edited:

It's almost beyond the point of caring now eagle eye. maverick believes Charlie Weis would lead this team to 19-0 without credible and dependable 3rd,4th and 5th receiving options of yesteryear despite claiming the team is laden with offensive talent and the team needing to strip the over-reliance on offensive fantasy points scoring stars in Moss and Welker.

The contradictions continue to build.

Last edited:
despite claiming the team is laden with offensive talent and the team needing to strip the over-reliance on offensive fantasy points scoring stars in Moss and Welker.

This team IS loaded with talent at every offensive position. It is stacked.

Claiming that this team is losing because it needs even more offensive talent, is absurd.

Tunescribe when has Belichick ever fired a coordinator?

While he's ruthless about his players, he seems to give a long leash to his staff.

Even considering how crappy Mangini was as d-coordinator, Belichick still let him run the defense. Same with McKid his first year.

Here ...can find more if you need it:

http://smartfootball.com/tag/belichickAnd then Tom Brady had some interesting insight into Belichick’s role with the offense, specifically in drawing up plays in the dirt:

Q: You said Bill Belichick drew up the Chris Baker touchdown play on the sideline. Was he more involved in the offensive communication with you and the play calling this week?

Brady: "He’s always involved.

He’s involved in every play that’s called."

Last edited:
This team IS loaded with talent at every offensive position. It is stacked.

Claiming that this team is losing because it needs even more offensive talent, is absurd.
That's your theory on the offense isn't it? We're so laden with talent at receiver we can afford to strip the reliance on Moss and Welker because the other receivers get the jobs done week in week out don't they.

Aiken, Stanback and Edleman strike fear into the hearts of opposing defensive coordinators.

Wow, stat whores really can't think for themselves. You seriously think O'Brien is a good offensive coordinator?

Yes or no.

O'Brien is being bailed out with the talent on the offense. Take out the blowouts against the Bucs and Titans, what does the offense look like then. How has the offense done in away games?
Yes he is doing a 'good' OC.
Why would I want to do that, I'd have to do that for every team in the league to get the average and what would be the point. It sounds like a dumb waste of time.

Edit to add: I'm not a stat whore but they have their uses.
*like responding to guys who think they know it all, including how to coach better than a hall of fame bound coach who has not had a losing season since 2000.

Last edited:
Yes he is doing a 'good' OC.

Do you think that the Vikings offensive coordinator suddenly became a good coordinator, or was it due to the additions of Harvin and Favre?

Brady/Moss/Welker could make any idiot look like a good offensive coordinator, based on your stats-obsessed lens.

You know, there are entire parts of the offense that don't involve predictable spread passing.

As a stat whore it's probably incomprehensible to you.
I'd like you to troll through this thread in its entirety and provide me with an example of how I have used any statistical means to counteract any of your opinions. Here's a hint.. you won't. All I have done is stated the glaringly obvious, which apparently isn't obvious to you at all.

. All I have done is stated the glaringly obvious, which apparently isn't obvious to you at all.

He can't type that ... because to type it would admit that Belichick and his coaches are doing the best they can with the available ... healthy ... available players that he has. His posts lead me to believe he thinks we have talented players who are growing cobwebs during the game.

All you keep repeating over and over is that the offense doesn't have enough talent, and that the offensive failures are because we don't have a 3rd and 4th receiver.

It's ridiculous to claim that this offense isn't succeeding due to the need for even more talent.

All you keep repeating over and over is that the offense doesn't have enough talent, and that the offensive failures are because we don't have a 3rd and 4th receiver.

It's ridiculous to claim that this offense isn't succeeding due to the need for even more talent.

This offense is succeeding!

Explain to me how you think they are not doing it?

Brady stunk up the joint last night, and against the Broncos and the Jets. Are you blaming BOB for those losses?
They scored 34 points and lost to the Colts. Are you blaming BOB for this loss?

This offense is succeeding!
Explain to me how you think they are not doing it?

Brady stunk up the joint last night, and against the Broncos and the Jets. Are you blaming BOB for those losses?
They scored 34 points and lost to the Colts. Are you blaming BOB for this loss?

This is like arguing about McDaniels all over again.

Having sexy stats doesn't mean you're automatically a good offensive coordinator.

If we can agree that the talent on offense is loaded, then how did they get stopped by the Saints (whose secondary was missing 3 starters), how did the Jets and Broncos stop them? It's because this team can't win when the defense takes away what the offensive coordinator loves to do over and over again.

If you think O'Brien is good at his job, then tell me WHY you think the Pats haven't won a road game yet.

This is like arguing about McDaniels all over again.

Having sexy stats doesn't mean you're automatically a good offensive coordinator.

If we can agree that the talent on offense is loaded, then how did they get stopped by the Saints (whose secondary was missing 3 starters), how did the Jets and Broncos stop them? It's because this team can't win when the defense takes away what the offensive coordinator loves to do over and over again.

If you think O'Brien is good at his job, then tell me WHY you think the Pats haven't won a road game yet.
At what point does it occur to you that in 2 of those 3 losses, Tom Brady played excessively poorly? It doesn't does it.

So we don't have a road win. I had to quote this in case you edit later.;)

Do you remember us playing on the other side of the Atlantic ocean?

So we don't have a road win. I had to quote this in case you edit later.;)

Do you remember us playing on the other side of the Atlantic ocean?

So instead of answering the question, you make some lame deflection about playing at a neutral site?

Got it, so you have no answer. O'Brien is a good coordinator to you, and you have zero clue why it can't get key first downs or why it can't win when Welker or Brady are stopped.

So instead of answering the question, you make some lame deflection about playing at a neutral site?

Got it, so you have no answer. O'Brien is a good coordinator to you, and you have zero clue why it can't get key first downs or why it can't win when Welker or Brady are stopped.

When there are a lot of problems in any one place, you have to look at what is the best place to start it doesn't matter if thats football, a business or any other place.

Lets fix our defense and see how things shape up then. I don't think anybody will be giving out about BOB then.

Belichick said it all in one little comment on WEEI. Our D gave up too many big plays.
And thats been the case in most of our losses and some of our wins too.

Based on your reasons, I don't think you would ever call an offensive coordinator not good with the loaded talent on that unit.

How do you know if a coordinator is actually good or is covered up by the talent of that team.

So guys, here's the main problem. Yes, the playcalling is really predictable. However, a certain future HOFr keeps screwing up the execution of those plays at the worst moments. That certainly doesnt help. I wasnt happy about abandoning the run Monday night. Im not a huge fan of O'briens playcalling, but im smart enough to know that BB has his hands in all the cookie jars. If O'brien is doing such a bad job, he'll be relieved of his duties the same way Mangini was one year. Besides, the predictable playcalling has been an issue for me for longer than just this year. Its BBs system, not the OCs.

So basically, NO. I do not think Josh would've somehow gotten Brady to execute plays better, or Weis for that matter. Tommy knows what to do. He doesnt need an OC to hold his wittle hand :cry2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes