PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many more wins with Charlie & Romeo?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How Many More Wins With Charlie & Romeo Coaching?

Votes: 16 25.4%

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 25 39.7%

Votes: 13 20.6%

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think our coaching has been going downhill for a few years.

You surprise me; I'd think you would have a better clue. Yeah, the 2007 offense suffered from not having Weis. Yeah, going 11-5 without Brady last year was the result of poor coaching.

Do your credibility a favor and delete this thread before it's too late.

Maybe we should start a poll of how many wins with Pete Carroll...

Well yeah. Its hard to keep experienced coaches when every team in the NFL keeps signing ours. I think under the circumstances, BB has done pretty good. Sure, i'd like to see BB stop coaching up the D on the sidelines, and pay a little attention to the offense, but that doesnt mean that Dean is doing THAT bad a job. Would i prefer RAC to come back, honestly yeah.

As far as how many more wins??? :eek: The coaches werent the ones blowing coverages, missing tackles, and making poor decisions under center ;)

The coaches werent the ones blowing coverages, missing tackles,

There was less of that when Romeo was here, for whatever combination of reasons.

And the opening drives of games aren't nearly as successful, on average, as they were at times under other OCs.

one brady keep's throwing the ball deep when the guy's are covered and he is forceing the ball to welker like drew bledsoe started to do with coats so a new OC cant help that

and on D they have no talent they are going to have to wait untill next year to fix that

Zero. Please, BB, don't bring these retreads back. Nothing could better insure this team falls into mediocrity.

There was less of that when Romeo was here, for whatever combination of reasons.

And the opening drives of games aren't nearly as successful, on average, as they were at times under other OCs.

will let's see who was romeo's starting line up he's last year here

NT vince wilforK. DE Richard Seymour. DE Ty Warren.

RILB Tedy Bruschi. LILB Mike Vrabel LOLB Willie McGinest. ROLB Rosevelt Colvin.

LCB Ty Law. SS Rodney Harrison. FS Eugene Wilson. RCB Asante Samuel.

i think even i would look good coaching that line up

Last edited:
OK people are bashing the thread.... you really think we would have lost the Jets and Broncos games with competent playcalling? ZERO points in the 2nd half. Yeah Brady was not himself, but we were fine in the first halves of those games, and the other teams adjusted... we didn't. Those losses are on the coaching staff. And the Colts game I'm not even going to get into that one.

We have 2-3 more wins with Charlie and Romeo and alot better chance in January.

OK people are bashing the thread.... you really think we would have lost the Jets and Broncos games with competent playcalling? ZERO points in the 2nd half. Yeah Brady was not himself, but we were fine in the first halves of those games, and the other teams adjusted... we didn't. Those losses are on the coaching staff. And the Colts game I'm not even going to get into that one.

We have 2-3 more wins with Charlie and Romeo and alot better chance in January.

You're stepping into the same pile of nonsense as the OP. The problems with this team come down to injuries and inexperience/lack of leadership on defense -- NOT coaching, NOT play calling. This line of thinking shows how little you really understand the pro game.

You're stepping into the same pile of nonsense as the OP. The problems with this team come down to injuries and inexperience/lack of leadership on defense -- NOT coaching, NOT play calling. This line of thinking shows how little you really understand the pro game.

Oh please... In 2001 we had a team with far less talent and they beat 3 straight elite teams when it mattered. BB has proven he can do more with less, when he had Weis/Crennel. He was close with McDaniels a couple times, this year we still don't know but it doesn't look good. The fact remains that aside from the Saints game, we were never overmatched on the field. We had 2nd half leads in all those losses and the other teams adjusted better as the game went. You talk about lack of leadership/experience well the guy who has looked the worst in most of our 2nd half collapses is #12. Are you saying he's our problem

Oh please... In 2001 we had a team with far less talent and they beat 3 straight elite teams when it mattered. BB has proven he can do more with less, when he had Weis/Crennel. He was close with McDaniels a couple times, this year we still don't know but it doesn't look good. The fact remains that aside from the Saints game, we were never overmatched on the field. We had 2nd half leads in all those losses and the other teams adjusted better as the game went. You talk about lack of leadership/experience well the guy who has looked the worst in most of our 2nd half collapses is #12. Are you saying he's our problem

The only loss where Brady might've been the tipping point was at New Jersey, and he was still finding his sea legs after a year off. The rest are on the defense. You're looking at this from the outside and extrapolating, where I'm willing to hazard a guess that BB knows what's needed in terms of coordinators. The offense has generally performed well this year, and Crennel would make NO difference with this bunch of defenders.

The only loss where Brady might've been the tipping point was at New Jersey, and he was still finding his sea legs after a year off. The rest are on the defense. You're looking at this from the outside and extrapolating, where I'm willing to hazard a guess that BB knows what's needed in terms of coordinators. The offense has generally performed well this year, and Crennel would make NO difference with this bunch of defenders.

They all suffer from selective memory revisionist history disorder...

Remember how we came to win a home playoff game in the snow in 2001 as an 11-5 team? I do. Vividly. Couldn't buy a score in that game to save our souls until after a certain call reopened a slammed window. Proved to be a momentum shifter that carried into OT where we luckily won the toss. Remember the Kordell Stewart led Steelers... And we really biatch slapped the Rams on offense the next week...oh, wait, that was on defense until the 4th quarter collapse.

LOL

Remember the time Patten maintained control while unconscious... Charlie was such a genius!!!

People keep under-estimating how influential play-calling and scheme are in football. This isn't like the NBA or baseball where the personnel pretty much dictates who wins.

This team clearly has red zone issues on both sides of the ball, as well as predictability issues, all relating to why our 2nd half stats are so terrible.

Where's the option for "They'd probably have even more losses"?

As for the coaching going downhill theory, McDaniels was a far better offensive coordinator than Weis, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Where's the option for "They'd probably have even more losses"?

As for the coaching going downhill theory, McDaniels was a far better offensive coordinator than Weis, in my opinion.

I agree. Give McDaniels and Pees the defensive personal that Crennel and Weis had and watch the Championships pile up.

Who would win? Superman or Han****?

I agree. Give McDaniels and Pees the defensive personal that Crennel and Weis had and watch the Championships pile up.

Who would win? Superman or Han****?

No f'n way.

McDaniels was good at pre-game planning and ruthlessly using his best players to repeatedly beat the opposing defense with the same plays, over and over. He was as flawed as Mike Martz, and just as beatable in big games against smart D-coordinators.

Pees is not even in the same league as Weiss, McKid, or Crennel.

If McDaniels and Pees are the coordinators from 01-04, the Pats win zero Superbowls.

Last time I looked, Weiss and Crennel were not playing....I am not sure how many more wins this team would have...or even if suggesting MORE is the only way it could fall.
On the D side, the tackling was embarrassing as was some of the coverages blown...I don't think coaching would have made that much of a difference. On the other side, maybe there could have been some changes..but Brady was not throwing all that well and the line was not doing its job. So they go the short routes? A lot had to do with execution..not to what plays or defenses were called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes