PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many Millions Did Asante Cost Himself Last Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His tackle on MJD was great though where he flipped him over. The fundamentals weren't that great, but it looked dramatic!

One game. I'd be shocked if NFL people are judging him on one game.

Well, then, you may want to watch the tapes of the Philly, Baltimore and NY Giants games (the Pats couldn't put him on Burress because he can only play on the left side - - can you imagine anyone saying that about a top shutdown corner?).

hit the panic button.

he'll be lining up against marvin and gonzalez next week anyways.

Hobbs will be needed against Wayne

Nope. As just mentioned, Asante can only play one side. He's not "comfortable" on the other side. So, it all depends on whom the Colts put on "Asante's Side".

To me, that is not an elite corner.

ok, so i'm not the only one who thought that asante was way off last night. rodney seemed to be picking up for him. maybe he wasn't well. he certainly wasn't on any injury lists. and, i agree with those who say that one game won't cost him, but he needs to step up big time against peyton, harrison et al next sunday.

Well, then, you may want to watch the tapes of the Philly, Baltimore and NY Giants games (the Pats couldn't put him on Burress because he can only play on the left side - - can you imagine anyone saying that about a top shutdown corner?).

I think you are taking the Pats philosophy of not matching up a CB with a WR and inventing some shortcoming in Samuels game.

He played plenty of right corner in his career here. He's also played pleny of slot corner in his career here.

He is currently the left corner - which is where all defenses prefer to play their best CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back