PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many Millions Did Asante Cost Himself Last Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. That was not a good performance by Mr. $7.9 million.

He certainly won't get rich to that. Hope the championship game is a lot better.

Unfortunately, probably none.

A horrible performance indeed though.

It may increase the chances that he accepts the low Patriots offer with the lack of other high offers. Of course its only one game so it probably won't matter that much.

Last edited:
i agree; poor game but i hope he will play at best next sunday (i think we will need him...)

Last edited:
It's one game. If he comes up with a big game next week all will be forgiven.

Also the td that was caught in the endzone Asante was playing on the left side versus the right side he always plays on, not that it matter for an elite corner.

The Pats miss Colvin bigtime and have had a tough time getting a pass rush without blitzing. Vravel, Thomas, and Green need good games next week getting to the QB.

Honestly, I thought he played like sh*t during parts of that first half. On one particular play I noticed him about 8 yards out of position, and couldn't for the life of me understand why. It also seems like teams are starting to use his gambling ways against him. Their faking the out, when Samuel bites they throw it over his head. That isn't a good development, and I hope he starts playing with a little more intelligence.

Saying all that I still think he's a very good CB, and worth a decent amount of money to NE. I don't think he's worth the type of money he's going to demand though.

Last edited:
Not enough, unfortunately.

I know it looked bad on at least one play - real bad. But I am a bit leery about these "DBs on the hook for the play when it wasn't their responsibility" thing. Looks can be deceiving.

Still, I'm not shocked if a breakdown of the play shows that he just misplayed it.

it's not that the threw at him and scored. happens to the best of them. it's the way he looked on those plays. very confused, out of position and ineffective. really looked like a 3rd stringer. in his defense he did make some nice tackles when jags DBs got past front 7. but those tackles arent worth $7.9 million

Last edited:
One game. I'd be shocked if NFL people are judging him on one game.

I think the long 4th down play wasn't a Samuel mistake. Looked to me like he had responsibility for the short guy. I don't have the tape to re-watch it though.

it's not that the threw at him and scored. happens to the best of them. it's the way he looked on those plays. very confused, out of position and ineffective. really looked like a 3rd stringer.

hit the panic button.

he'll be lining up against marvin and gonzalez next week anyways.

Hobbs will be needed against Wayne

Unfortunately, probably none.

A horrible performance indeed though.

agreed. somebody is going to pay him top dollar no matter what happens in these playoffs

Why all the hate for Asante? If he moves on next year, why are we rooting for him to have hurt himself financially?

Heck, if he goes somewhere else, I hope they pay him $100 million. I don't begrudge the guy anything.

Every time another team overpays a player, it helps the Patriots (and the rest of the league, I guess) indirectly. Plus, who cares how much money he has. He's been a good player for this team.

a value of a player of asante's caliber wont depreciate with one bad game...

Why all the hate for Asante? If he moves on next year, why are we rooting for him to have hurt himself financially?

Heck, if he goes somewhere else, I hope they pay him $100 million. I don't begrudge the guy anything.

Every time another team overpays a player, it helps the Patriots (and the rest of the league, I guess) indirectly. Plus, who cares how much money he has. He's been a good player for this team.

true, divisional rival bills set themselves back for a decade over-paying/trading for our scrubs bledsoe and milloy

it's typical of half the posters on this board. they are so negative.

1. Asante looks lost
2. Rodney is angry and not the same
3. AD didn't do anything.
4. The Pats couldn't stop the Jags in the first half.

People need to wake up and see that the Jags slowed the tempo down offensively and defensively to a snail's pace thus we have a close game.

The Pats blitzed in the second half just like the Giants game, thus they pulled away in the second half.

Next week I guarantee the Pats play Nickel with Rodney shadowing Clark so they will give up rushing yardage so people will say we can't stop the run. The Pats will be CONCEDING the run.

That TD was simply a bad play by him. He wasn't even close enough to jump and fall short.

Basically, he overplayed the break to the right for no good reason.

But I don't think stringing together a few bad plays in one big game are enough to seriously hurt his market value.

I think the long 4th down play wasn't a Samuel mistake. Looked to me like he had responsibility for the short guy. I don't have the tape to re-watch it though.

You're right.

And anybody who wasn't at the game cannot properly evaluate the play of someone in the secondary, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back