PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many here are bothered by Rodney's 'We'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I loved Rodney when he was here and he was an intricle part of this teams championship seasons but he is now retired and belongs to NO teams roster anymore.

Is it just me? or do others feel like I do and wish he would stop with the 'We' will win stuff?

Rodney,You have a job to do and need to quit with the 'we' stuff,you are not a Patriot anymore and need to be a bit more unbiased and just predict the games as any other analyst would - Bruschi has become good at not emphasizing his favorite team now and Rodney should follow suit.

Who agrees with this?

Dungy said it last night too

I don't agree at all.

I love that he still considers himself a Patriot.

To answer your question: not no, but HELL NO it didn't bother me...esspecially after Dungy made no attempt to give Brady credit for anything. At least Rodney gave Manning props and respect...didn't see the same from Dungy. Dungy is so deep in Manning's jock it's rediculous.

Dungy said it last night too

Actually Dungy was pushed to show his favoritism,Its not like he said 'we' will win like Rodney did...they also asked him who he would rather have Peyton or Brady and of course he would have to answer Peyton...it was a ******ed question to ask people who obviously have ties to thier former team...but the 'we' stuff bothers me.

did anyone hear dungy call belichick a "rule bender" before the game?

To answer your question: not no, but HELL NO it didn't bother me...esspecially after Dungy made no attempt to give Brady credit for anything. At least Rodney gave Manning props and respect...didn't see the same from Dungy. Dungy is so deep in Manning's jock it's rediculous.

They both have way too strong ties to their former team,maybe thats why games like NE against Indy should have these guys take the night off and get some unbiased views,I would love guys like Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms doing shows like there,those guys are the best in the business.

Last edited:
It's understandable, having been a Pat for so long, and recently released. Also, you gotta look at the situation. Rodney looked as upset as I was last night during his piece.

I have no problem with Rodney still refering to himself as part of the team.

Marshall Faulk and Shannon Sharpe and Bill Cowher and on and on... There are no truly unbiased views in sports media...:bricks:

Quit picking on Rodney. It's the first time in a decade we have a couple of guys in our corner, so to speak, and while they still love this team they at least call it like they see it, even when it pains them.

I'm more annoyed when fans who have never been a contributing part of this team play the we card incessantly.

Last edited:
Why would that bother anybody?

Boomer and Simms are big time Patriot guys. As much as they try to stay impartial, they end up showing a bias toward the Pats. I don't put too much stock in the pre-game crap...it's nothing to get bent about. If it was up to Rodney, he would be playing right now...and since he is new to the analyst business, he deserves a pass her and there. Hell, Chris Collinsworth has been out of the league 2 decades and still considers himself a Bengal...and look at Bill Cowher, he picks the Steelers every week.

Rodney needs to stop using "we" for his own credibility as a broadcaster, but I don't have a problem with it personally.

Can't see why it would bother anyone.

Marshall Faulk and Shannon Sharpe and Bill Cowher and on and on... There are no truly unbiased views in sports media...:bricks:

Quit picking on Rodney. It's the first time in a decade we have a couple of guys in our corner, so to speak, and while they still love this team they at least call it like they see it, even when it pains them.

I'm more annoyed when fans who have never been a contributing part of this team play the we card incessantly.

No one here is actually a 'contributing' part of this team,no one here has ties or does anything for the organization itself except buy a few shirts or hats ect: no matter how 'homer everything is right what they do' by your opinion or not

If you refer to people in this forum who are not contributing to the team in terms of moral then thats quite laughable,that means sh!t,people in this forum and every sports forum on the internet use the term 'we',both homers and criticizers of thier favorite team.

Last edited:
I guess I am in the minority of views in this as I see criticism of your former team as healthy as well as praising them,I believe in not speaking your mind,speak the truth.

While I am sure Rodney deep down inside did think the Pats would win,there is no way he would pick the other team on national TV.

I guess I am in the minority of views in this as I see criticism of your former team as healthy as well as praising them,I believe in not speaking your mind,speak the truth.

While I am sure Rodney deep down inside did think the Pats would win,there is no way he would pick the other team on national TV.

That was real gibberish...

And if he honestly felt that way, why should he lie...to pander to people who want to believe they are the arbitors of honesty because they equate it only with perpetual criticism???

Felger already has that demographic locked up...

Sorry but what are you talking about? He gave criticism and praise. And of all things why the hell would you chose something so silly to be a bother to you? What is wrong in him having faith in his former team thinking that they could possibly win?

No problem whatsoever- love Rodney- he's still very much a Patriot.

I do not agree with you at all... Rodney will always be a patriot in my book.

I saw WE all the time, and I have never once been a member of the New England Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes