PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many Had Buried Watson????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frezo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
His 2nd TD catch was outstanding!

There's a pattern with Watson. He drops easy catches in the field of play. In the end zone though he has stick-em on those mitts. He has always grabbed difficult balls in he end zone, and dropped catchable balls in the field of play.

Impressive also were the three crunching blocks he had in the game - - including on Fred Taylor's 1st half TD.

Check some of those replays.

He had a great game but I'm not ready to CROWN HIS ASS just yet! Let's see if he can finally be consistent.

burried? i even had a friggin' shovel.

after all the drops in his career, he goes and pulls a stunt like this...and totally redeems himself. hats off :)

Wow. Belichick knows what he's doing!

What a lucky win for you guys. Next week won't be gift-wrapped for you.

Watson? I think he delivered the pizza for tonights game - Buffalo Wing flavor! :woohoo:

where is that poster who said watson and maroney would never play a meaningful snap for the pats again?

Watson has great talent.. let's hope it puts it all together this year.

Oh yeah. A lot of folks on this board. But his speed is what keeps him in NE, IMO.

One bad drop (turned upfield before securing the ball) but came back from that in a big way !

hmm, maybe THIS is the year that we breaks out? LOL

Watson is what he's always been. He's a speedy, athletic receiving tight end who threatens the middle of the field. He has an occasional drop, but some of his early drops were actually tips that ended up in the hands of the defenses, so he's gotten a bad reputation about his hands. They're fine, though not spectacular.

He's not a great blocker, but he never has been. As a 4th or 5th weapon on a team, though.....

Moss
Welker
RB
Galloway/Watson

That's a hell of a lot of problems for opposing defenses.

His reputation has suffered because he's been a quality tight end instead of being the next T.G. or Antonio Gates, and anything less than All Pro material is considered a dismal failure by too many here. I always preferred Graham, but that's because I like tight ends who can block like linemen, and that's certainly not Watson's fault. He's not Ben Coates, but not many are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back