PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many games will the loss of #12 cost us?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many games will the loss of #12 cost us?

• 9-10

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 7-8

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • 5-6

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • 3-4

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 6 8.5%

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Based on your predictions prior to this week what do you feel the Pat's record will be now?

I had them going 14-2 but now I'd be happy with 10-6. So that's 4 games.

Losing the reigning league MVP will cost you at least 4 games, I would of said 5 or more but we play an easy schedule this year.

Last edited:
The games will be more difficult, for sure. I say we focus on how many we win, not how many we lose.

The games will be more difficult, for sure. I say we focus on how many we win, not how many we lose.

so how many do you think they will they win? i'm not trying to be negative. just time to face reality.

I originally predicted 12-4 or 11-5

Now it will be 8-8 or 9-7 and POSSIBLY sneaking into the bottom tier of the playoff picture

I was saying about 14 wins, now I'm say 8 so . . . you guys can do the math :)

I had us at 12-4 or 13-3. I think we will finish 11-5 or 10-6 now.

Do we have an easy schedule or do we have a HARD schedule that was only deemed easy because Brady was QB'ing? These teams don't get better because Brady isn't playing right? We still have a defense and special teams and running game right? And HOF coaching right?

1-2 games, maybe 3. (THIS YEAR)

"I originally predicted 12-4 or 11-5

Now it will be 8-8 or 9-7 and POSSIBLY sneaking into the bottom tier of the playoff picture"

Man, the more this sinks in, the more of an incredible kick in the ballsack this is, going from a SB contender to fighting it out for the 5th or 6th wildcard spot and probably a one and done in the playoffs.

7:27 will be burned into my head forever, what a sin.

13-3 -> 10-6.

Regards,
Chris

Right now, we're just getting ready for the Jets. That's our only focus right now, just the Jets. That's the game we want to win. After that, we will work on game-planning for Miami.......

Right now, we're just getting ready for the Jets. That's our only focus right now, just the Jets. That's the game we want to win. After that, we will work on game-planning for Miami.......

A very Belichikean answer! :p

Basically that's true, it's gonna be one game at a time, can't afford to overlook ANYONE now. The Pats still have a lot of talent though, so I think we'll make the playoffs. Maybe a WC now instead of the usual gift wrapped division title + bye.

thanks Bill! ;)

I said 3-4 REGULAR season wins - but I really think we would have won the Super Bowl this year with a healthy Brady (and assuming a few other key guys such as Randy Moss stayed healthy).

So I think we would have won 16 or 17 games - now we'll be lucky to get a wild card berth and win 1 playoff game - that maybe totals 10 wins - so altogether I think this will cost us 6 wins.

The real question is how soon will Brady be able to play again, and how well? Remember Daunte Culpepper's career was essentially ended by a knee injury.

14-2 down to 10-6 maybe. I think we could still win the division, next week is an even bigger game than it was a few days ago.

15-1 -> 10-6

Five games. I was confident to begin with because of the easy schedule, and the easy schedule is the only reason I'm still confident that they'll be on the winning side of things.

Ask me again after next week, I think we'll all have a better sense of things.

time will tell us. I hope we make it to SB.

14-2 to 11-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey