Welcome to PatsFans.com

How low would Mangini stoop?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by illthrill, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illthrill

illthrill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

After leading 49-0 at half time and the starters come back out in the second half, you think he would hesitate to make someone take a cheap shot at Brady.
    He really has nothing to lose.
  2. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Honestly, I don't know if he can stoop.

But he knows Brady personally, and I can't see a coach taking out a guy he's friends with just out of spite.
  3. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No way, IMO. Reason: Gillette will be so anti-EricTheRat, and so loud, and honestly, it will be dangerous for him. I would expect more clever signs in that stadium than ever before. I would expect more chants.

If he ever did that, he'd never make it out of there in one piece. It's going to be ugly enough as it is.
  4. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

I'm puzzled by the talk about "if they leave Brady in when they have a big lead, eventually someone's going to take a cheap shot at him"

I've got news for everyone. Few teams would hesitate to take a cheap shot at Brady in the 1st quarter with the score 0-0.

Taking Brady out of the game is likely the gameplan in a lot of defensive players mind walking into the game. It has nothing to do with a 40 point lead.
  5. snowplow82

snowplow82 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm more worried about the Buffalo Bills. Didn't Wilfork knock out their QB on the first play of the game this year?
  6. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +460 / 5 / -1

LOL! The bigger question is does Mangini have anyone who can actually rush the passer to make a cheapshot on Brady?
  7. Bannoman

Bannoman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Does anyone else find it absolutely disgusting that the prospect of "taking out" an NFL player has now become a valid topic of conversation by the national media??

In 40 years of watching sports, I have never heard this subject "pre-discussed", let alone JUSTIFIED, as it appears to be by some.

IMO, Cowherd, or whichever idiot originally brought this up on a national level, should be publicly humiliated and fired for even introducing such a thing!!
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  8. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And that is the simple truth!
  9. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Who is to say it won't be a competitive game. I hope it's a blowout, as I hope all our games our blowouts, but you never know.
  10. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

His STEALers were known for knee diving. Sergeant Slaughter has always been a scumbag like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.