PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How long will Colts/Pats be top rivalry??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead. Peyton had the best second half of his life. Doesn't mean he's God's gift to football in January. He killed Indy for years before that. Not our defense. Not our coach.

For reasons, not excuses, that I outlined in my original post on this thread. Why didn't he have a great first half????? Because of the reasons I metioned in my original post on this thread. Tell me, which were not factual.

Harrison wide to the right. Wayne wide to the left. Gonzo at the slot with Dallas Clark at TE. The REAL best offensive line in football protecting the only rookie rusher last year to hit a thousand yards.... and not to mention, the 2 time NFL MVP and 1 time Super Bowl MVP Peyton Manning.

Gimme mine over yours most Sunday's. :)

Yeah, but do you like "yours" against "our" D (including Rodney Harrison,
Eugene Wilson, Adalius Thomas, Rosie Colvin) or "ours" against "your" D?

Go ahead. Peyton had the best second half of his life. Doesn't mean he's God's gift to football in January. He killed Indy for years before that. Not our defense. Not our coach.

I'm glad a Colts fan had the bullz to say something like that b/c it's absolutely true and Peyton even admitted as much himself afterwards. He tried to do too much in the past and it cost his team. This year, in spite of some stretches of mediocre play, he took advantage of the opportunities given.

I would guess with bb's and pioli's last game at the end of the patriot decade, in February of 2010.

Last edited:
Harrison wide to the right. Wayne wide to the left. Gonzo at the slot with Dallas Clark at TE. The REAL best offensive line in football protecting the only rookie rusher last year to hit a thousand yards.... and not to mention, the 2 time NFL MVP and 1 time Super Bowl MVP Peyton Manning.

Now THAT's a rivalry. Let's lace em up and play!!! Better team wins and everybody stays healthy.

Last edited:
He's not a moron. Pats fans who go to Indy boards and behave badly deserve to be ignored. They're fans. They have a board to discuss the Colts. No need for others to go piss in their teacup.

Sorry, you're wrong on the facts. By his own admission in an e-mail to me this guy admitted that he wanted to ban every Pats fan, specifically including those who just wanted to talk football and engage in some friendly "back and forth" about our respective teams, as you and I are doing in this thread.

I'll take Belichick over Dungy... every time.

I think if Dungy retires, the Colts could fall back into the pack. Manning and Harrison were there before Dungy joined the team with either Marshall Faulk or Edge. The Jim Mora Colts were wildly inconsistent. I think Dungy could be the glue that holds that team together.

The same can be said about the Pats with Belichick, maybe more so. But I think Dungy is closer to leaving the Colts than Belichick is to leave the Pats.

I think you need all of Manning, Brady, Dungy, and Belichick to continue this rivalry.

Much as I dislike Polian he needs to be added to the list of ingredients that are important to maintaining the rivalry.

I say as long as Brady and Manning are both QB'ing each team that it will be hyped up as one of the biggest games of the year. That said, the Colts actually winning the SB this year added a few levels of intensity to the game already IMO
I say it lasts until the current Colt run collapses of its own weight. It may begin this season.

The Colts don't worry me in the least this season. The only way we can be outdone by them is injuries. We erred in a big way by not extending McGinnist and we payed for it. Now we have Adalius Thomas and more depth at safety. If we lose to the Colts this season I would be shocked. The team's I'm gearing up for are San Diego and Denver with the Colts in a distant 3rd.

The Colts don't worry me in the least this season. The only way we can be outdone by them is injuries. We erred in a big way by not extending McGinnist and we payed for it. Now we have Adalius Thomas and more depth at safety. If we lose to the Colts this season I would be shocked. The team's I'm gearing up for are San Diego and Denver with the Colts in a distant 3rd.

Funny, because I feel the same. Pats don't worry me in the least. AD cannot play 11 positions, otherwise, you have not upgraded your defense. Samuel is ticked, and even if he plays (I assume he'll come to his senses), I don't think he has a year like last season. Our missing piece on offense MIGHT be a #2 back, otherwise, COLTS have the best offense in the league. Make it a track meet, you can't go deep to Moss every play, and if you do, sooner or later, he'll get his block knocked off.

Are you still here hanging on every word Pat's fans have to say? Or are you just here policing everyone to fall in line of your way of thinking?

I haven't read most of the posts on this thread so this might be redundant. However, to me the Colts aren't really a rival for the Pats especially in the post season. Yeah, they won last year and had a great season while winning the SB, but they still need to win more for me to consider them a real post season rival. And I don't expect the 2007 post season will have me rethinking my attitude. Frankly, Denver always worries me more in the post season.

i think the steelers and pats are more of a postseason rivalry then the coltes pats maybe thats just me rember the late 90s when each yer we kicked each other out of the playoffs

Last edited:
i think the steelers and pats are more of a postseason rivalry then the coltes pats maybe thats just me rember the late 90s when each yer we kicked each other out of the playoffs

I agree Steelers and Patriots. Subconsciously I always thought of the Colts as an arena football team. However, they seemed to have toughened up the last couple of years. Can’t wait to play them at full strength on defense and with some weapons for Tom (finally).

In the same way I'm starting not to look at the Pats as much as a rival anymore, I mean they need to beat the Colts sometime within the next new years before they're considered a rival right??? :cool:

Last edited:
Colts fans are beautiful, they really are. Remind me 1000% of Red Sox fans, every year, this is the year we overtake the Yankees and the result was always the same until 2004, now all of a sudden, Red Sox fans are ****y towards the Yankees.

You got the AFC Championship game at home, were losing 21-3 (any of you who thought you were going to come back after Gump threw that horrible INT is full of ****, Dolts fans everywhere at that moment were saying "here we go again") until the Patriots melted down and you won the game, hoorah for you, the 1,000 lb gorilla is now off of your backs.

To read the crap most of you are spewing is priceless.

In the same way I'm starting not to look at the Pats as much as a rival anymore, I mean they need to beat the Colts sometime within the next new years before they're considered a rival right??? :cool:

BS- going into the 2005 season who was Indy's biggest rival? And how long had it been since they beat said rival? 5 years?

Oh BTW, you need another ring or 2 to 'rival' our tally this decade :)

Colts fans are beautiful, they really are. Remind me 1000% of Red Sox fans, every year, this is the year we overtake the Yankees and the result was always the same until 2004, now all of a sudden, Red Sox fans are ****y towards the Yankees.

You got the AFC Championship game at home, were losing 21-3 (any of you who thought you were going to come back after Gump threw that horrible INT is full of ****, Dolts fans everywhere at that moment were saying "here we go again") until the Patriots melted down and you won the game, hoorah for you, the 1,000 lb gorilla is now off of your backs.

To read the crap most of you are spewing is priceless.

On point with that post. Colts fans seem to be in this state of perpetuity where they will be SB champs forever and they'll never have to worry about the Pats ever. Guess again. What happened to the Pats after they had dominated Indy for a couple of years? Indy wins 3 straight. What happened to the Red Sox after finally getting past the Yankees? "The Boston Massacre". Our paths will cross again and the Pats will continue to torment Colts fans for years to come :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back