PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How long will Colts/Pats be top rivalry??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I say as long as Brady and Manning are both QB'ing each team that it will be hyped up as one of the biggest games of the year. That said, the Colts actually winning the SB this year added a few levels of intensity to the game already IMO

I say as long as Brady and Manning are both QB'ing each team that it will be hyped up as one of the biggest games of the year. That said, the Colts actually winning the SB this year added a few levels of intensity to the game already IMO

I think you answered your own question. As long as Brady and Manning are around this is Nicklaus-Palmer, Russell-Chamberlain, Magic--Larry. IMO, it's not Sox-Yankees becasue the rivalry isn't that old and there's no guarantee it will continue when the protagonists are gone.

I think you answered your own question. As long as Brady and Manning are around this is Nicklaus-Palmer, Russell-Chamberlain, Magic--Larry. IMO, it's not Sox-Yankees becasue the rivalry isn't that old and there's no guarantee it will continue when the protagonists are gone.
That last sentence is the sad thing. It will take some special players to continue this after Brady/Manning are gone. It could be the longest lived in the NFL though!

I think if Dungy retires, the Colts could fall back into the pack. Manning and Harrison were there before Dungy joined the team with either Marshall Faulk or Edge. The Jim Mora Colts were wildly inconsistent. I think Dungy could be the glue that holds that team together.

The same can be said about the Pats with Belichick, maybe more so. But I think Dungy is closer to leaving the Colts than Belichick is to leave the Pats.

I think you need all of Manning, Brady, Dungy, and Belichick to continue this rivalry.

I think if Dungy retires, the Colts could fall back into the pack. Manning and Harrison were there before Dungy joined the team with either Marshall Faulk or Edge. The Jim Mora Colts were wildly inconsistent. I think Dungy could be the glue that holds that team together.

The same can be said about the Pats with Belichick, maybe more so. But I think Dungy is closer to leaving the Colts than Belichick is to leave the Pats.

I think you need all of Manning, Brady, Dungy, and Belichick to continue this rivalry.

I think as long as the Colts have Polian in the front office they will field a competative team. The problem with this rivalry is that the teams are no longer division foes. Most of the long time, big rivals are division opponents. This one last only as long as both teams are winning.

I say as long as the Patriots have 15 players with the flu, 2 RB's go out with injury in the first half and a 3rd playing with a bad shoulder, and our SS taken out three weeks before with a cheap shot.

So have fun, Sonny, gloating about your only SB win over the worst QB that ever played in a SB, there won't be another.

I call you "Sonny" because only a 12 year old would come to the 3X SB Champions fan site and disrespect them with an avatar and sig that you have.

I say as long as the Patriots have 15 players with the flu, 2 RB's go out with injury in the first half and a 3rd playing with a bad shoulder, and our SS taken out three weeks before with a cheap shot.

So have fun, Sonny, gloating about your only SB win over the worst QB that ever played in a SB, there won't be another.

I call you "Sonny" because only a 12 year old would come to the 3X SB Champions fan site and disrespect them with an avatar and sig that you have.

:rolleyes:

Whiny B**CH!

EDIT: What's your 11.05.06 excuse? M. Harrison wasn't called for putting R. Harrison's hand in his facemask:eek:

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Whiny B**CH!

EDIT: What's your 11.05.06 excuse? M. Harrison wasn't called for putting R. Harrison's hand in his facemask:eek:

I wasn't replying to you numb nuts, was I. You have just joined the "dead to me" folks, until your user name becomes a reality.

The rivalry will be remembered decades from now. Even after the relevant players are gone, whenever the Patriots and the Colts have good teams and face each other, the rivalry will be renewed.

I think this rivalry has at least another 5-7 years of life to it- all tied to the careers of Brady-Manning and tenures of BB/SP and Polian.

I wasn't replying to you numb nuts, was I. You have just joined the "dead to me" folks, until your user name becomes a reality.
Cool, I just do the 'ole, "I wasn't talking to you" routine when people butt in to my responses to a specfic posts. Thanks for that tip ;)

I like his avatar. FWIW, I would love your excuses on the other matchups NE lost most recently.

Indianapolis 40, New England 21 - November 7th, 2005.
Indianapolis 27, New England 20 - November 5th, 2006.
Indianapolis 38, New England 34 - January 21, 2006.

Don't get me wrong. NE is still a very scary team to play. Regardless of when you play them. But to continue to make lame excuses for why they lost the AFC title game is a bit old at this point.

I like his avatar. FWIW, I would love your excuses on the other matchups NE lost most recently.

Don't get me wrong. NE is still a very scary team to play. Regardless of when you play them. But to continue to make lame excuses for why they lost the AFC title game is a bit old at this point.
Hooray for you guys. You at last got a winning streak against us. It only took Manning about 7 years to do it. :rolleyes:

To answer the question of the thread. As long as Brady and Manning are QB'ing their teams.

This discussion would never happen on the Indy board I used to visit, where some moron keeps a list of all Patriots fans and then suggests that people put them on their Ignore list. So, what you said would have been banned or ignored or whatever. But out here, we like to have open discussions, maybe it's our New England roots or something, I don't know.

That said. You're right. You won. We lost. Not just in January, but over the past two seasons. Until we start beating your butts again, we should stop whining, stop making excuses, suck it up and get ready for the next game.

And, we will beat your butts this year. Moss wide right. Stallworth wide left. Welker in the slot and Watson at TE. The best OL in the NFL protecting Maroney lined up behind Brady...

Last edited:

Come on Ryan, you know what I mean. You have been here long enough. We have a couple of gloating trolls who were afraid to come here before the Colts finally didn't choke( your words)

You didn't come here gloating. But, back then you had nothing to gloat about.:rofl:

However, since you asked. 2005, we got our asses beat. 11/06 we lost a close one. You got January 21 wrong. That was in 2007. All the reasons I gave were factual and none were excuses ( there's a difference).

I would love to go back to the 2006 Pitts playoff game and find your post after that. Do you remember it?

I find the original question unobjectionable.

And I agree with the consensus that it's a Brady/Manning thing. Much as Russell and Chamberlin were personal friends, the same is true of Brady and Manning. And the chances that BOTH teams remain this good after their respective QBs leave is low.

Also, BB and Polian hate each other, which fuels the rivalry too. That said, I'm in the minority that believes BB will be here a LONG time. His father worked as a football coach in the same place for decades, and I believe he'll do the same thing. I just can't see him not working in football, and I can't see him liking any other football job better than the one he has.

But to continue to make lame excuses for why they lost the AFC title game is a bit old at this point.
I agree. People who do that often get mistaken for Colts fans. Serves 'em right, I say!

Come on Ryan, you know what I mean. You have been here long enough. We have a couple of gloating trolls who were afraid to come here before the Colts finally didn't choke( your words)

You didn't come here gloating. But, back then you had nothing to gloat about.:rofl:

However, since you asked. 2005, we got our asses beat. 11/06 we lost a close one. You got January 21 wrong. That was in 2007. All the reasons I gave were factual and none were excuses ( there's a difference).

I would love to go back to the 2006 Pitts playoff game and find your post after that. Do you remember it?

Go ahead. Peyton had the best second half of his life. Doesn't mean he's God's gift to football in January. He killed Indy for years before that. Not our defense. Not our coach.

This discussion would never happen on the Indy board I used to visit, where some moron keeps a list of all Patriots fans and then suggests that people put them on their Ignore list.
He's not a moron. Pats fans who go to Indy boards and behave badly deserve to be ignored. They're fans. They have a board to discuss the Colts. No need for others to go piss in their teacup.

And, we will beat your butts this year. Moss wide right. Stallworth wide left. Welker in the slot and Watson at TE. The best OL in the NFL protecting Maroney lined up behind Brady...

Harrison wide to the right. Wayne wide to the left. Gonzo at the slot with Dallas Clark at TE. The REAL best offensive line in football protecting the only rookie rusher last year to hit a thousand yards.... and not to mention, the 2 time NFL MVP and 1 time Super Bowl MVP Peyton Manning.

Gimme mine over yours most Sunday's. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye