PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How long until Steph Curry becomes a pariah?

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So, of course, Steph Curry is at the top of his game right now and is currently the best in the world at the game, at least IMO. But, as we all know, there can't be sustained greatness in this country. America, for the most part, hates it. With Curry dominating and being all over the media as a result, how long before he becomes the bad guy and gets accused of shady dealings behind the scenes? We all know it's going to happen eventually. I'm going to say it will happen within two years. Maybe one if the Warriors win again this year.

It isn't that he'll necessarily be painted the bad guy but there will be a fatal flaw which will be blown out of proportion. As an example how could Tim Duncan become the bad guy? So instead he was painted as a bland personality and the Spurs brand of basketball un-entertaining. I think better than 90% of the time you're correct that it's just making them the bad guy but there are exceptions. His only choice to confront this is to suck the media's collective balls or as I like to call it Peytoning or embrace the role as the villain.

What he did Saturday was ridiculous

"Shady dealings" ????? WTF?
Just enjoy the kid….Curry is a breath of fresh air.
I'm watching non-Celtics games for the first time in 15 years because of this kid…a kid having a ball / making it look easy……free styling …..reminiscent of the Bird era.
I'd hate to have the worries you have.

"Shady dealings" ????? WTF?
Just enjoy the kid….Curry is a breath of fresh air.
I'm watching non-Celtics games for the first time in 15 years because of this kid…a kid having a ball / making it look easy……free styling …..reminiscent of the Bird era.
I'd hate to have the worries you have.

I don't worry about it at all. It's a fact that you can no longer be better than everyone else in this country. Americans love to tear their sports heroes down. I'm just wondering how long it will take for that to happen to Curry.

they'll say he's ruining the game and he has to hide behind his 3pt shot. it's already started. incredibly stupid, as he's one of the more skilled players I've ever seen. but it's what i think the narrative will be

America loves little guys dominating big guys.
America loves athletes that smile instead of referring to themselves in the 3rd person.
You must have been one of the haters that disliked his little girl at his post game pressers. :)
And as the pessimists sit idly by waiting and hoping the kid crashes and burns, understand this kid has been doing what he's doing for his entire career (minus his injured year). The only difference in his game now is he is allowed to take more shots. Six more than his first two years, three more than his middle years. The rest of his game is near identical.
My point…..seven years running and he hasn't crashed yet….just wowing new fans.
And based on my eyes watching every GS broadcast on free TV, fans in opponents' stadiums are loving the kid even when he is crushing their homeboys. Like when a young MJ came to town….you wanted to see him drop 60 (but lose) because we all wanted to see greatness in person.
Disclosure….I wear rose colored glasses watching this kid……I love his show. The real question is "how long can his teammates stay on such an elevated level" because a few are playing above their class…IMO

Last edited:
Some of the greatest nba players were one or two trick ponies ..Bill Russell ...Wilt Chamberlin ... Dennis Rodman just to name a few. Curry is changing the game and will inspire other kids to make a living off the 3. Love watching him play ....

Last edited:
Some of the greatest nba players were one or two trick ponies ..Bill Russell ...Wilt Chamberlin ... Dennis Rodman nust to name a few. Curry is changing the game and will inspire other kids to make a living off the 3. Love watching him play ....
the other problem is that some people just really follow him thru social media by watching vines of his 3s and don't realize how incredibly skilled he is. make sure all of those kids are jacking up 3s all day can also finish in traffic with their left hand like steph can...

hes a superstar. but his feet remain firmly planted on the ground. he's poised and treats everybody with respect. he never talks any trash. i love that about him. he just lets his play do the talking. he would look so good in green.

hes a superstar. but his feet remain firmly planted on the ground. he's poised and treats everybody with respect. he never talks any trash. i love that about him. he just lets his play do the talking. he would look so good in green.

He's made people shut the hell up about LeBron James too.

Curry is deflating basketballs. That's the only explanation for his 3 point shooting.

This may be a little OT but watching the Warriors this year, they remind me of...............2007 Patriots. Before you scream, think about it. They are looking for the basketball version of perfection and everyone is crowning them repeat champs but my gut tells me that Greg Popovich ( the NBA's version of Belichick) is cooking up what BB did to the Bills when he was Giants defensive coordinator....
I think the Spurs ( who are 38-0 at home but nobody mentions it) beat Golden state in the playoffs........

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back