PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How long is Belichick signed for??

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Not trying to start anything just asking a general question fellow Pat fans. I want to keep him for as long as he coaches.

Mora and Green are out already. Its rumored that the Browns may let Romeo go,both Gruden and Shell could be let go.
Both Cowher and Parcells may retire.
Where will all these Coaches come from? I don't see many good choices out there.
Just asking guys!

Nobody knows.

Not trying to start anything just asking a general question fellow Pat fans. I want to keep him for as long as he coaches.

Mora and Green are out already. Its rumored that the Browns may let Romeo go,both Gruden and Shell could be let go.
Both Cowher and Parcells may retire.
Where will all these Coaches come from? I don't see many good choices out there.
Just asking guys!
Lots of good choices in OCs and DCs in the league, including several former head coaches who are currently assistants, but what does the title of your thread have to do with what you posted?

Last edited:
Well... If BB left I don't see many choices to replace for him. That's what it has to do with this thread

Well... If BB left I don't see many choices to replace for him. That's what it has to do with this thread

BB is signed through at least next year.

Him leaving is just a fantasy of national writers trying to stir up speculation.

Last edited:
I hope he stays another 10 years and moves into the front office after that

What is the combination to the lock on the front gate of Fort Knox?

as far as any of us layfolks can tell, the only people who know are the krafts, belichick, probably (but not certainly) Pioli and a (literal) handful of assorted agents, lawyers and their employees. the best guess is either through the end of this year or next year. anyone who says he knows for sure doesn't.

BB is signed through at least next year.

Him leaving is just a fantasy of national writers trying to stir up speculation.

that makes me VERY happy, but how do you know?

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

On Friday's Mike Felger Show on ESPN Boston, FOX Sports NFL Insider John Czarnecki said that he feels the Giants will go after Scott Pioli, but that Bill Belichick isn't going anywhere. He said he believes that Belichick's contract with the Patriots has two years to go.

Len Pasquarelli's Tip Sheet Insider (Subscription Required) on ESPN.com Insider says the following about Belichick:

There was a spate of reports in New York this week that the Giants might lure New England coach Bill Belichick, assuming incumbent Tom Coughlin doesn't survive. Forget about it. While the details of Belichick's contract remain murky -- no one guards the terms and financial aspects of his deal better than the Pats' coach and owner Bob Kraft -- reports that the contract expired after this season were erroneous. A league official who has access to coaches' contracts confirmed Belichick is under contract through at least the 2007 season.

Where would he go, to Atlanta to prove Vick isn't an athletic coach killer, to Dallas to work with the wonderful Jones clan, to NY because the Giants can't imagine anyone wouldn't covet a chance to mold Eli and Shockey into men, to Cleveland to rub the local media's noses in it and take a shot at exposing RAC as a career assistant/coordinator to real genius, or to Arizona to prove the desert need not be where good football careers go to die under the incompetent gaze of the Bidwell's....

He is signed at least through 2007. That much we do know because Bob Kraft says this is not a final year on his deal. And he is a football historian who values legacy - so you would have to go some, and in more than just cash which he has more of than he can spend as his wardrobe clearly indicates to trump what he has here. Sane ownership who are happy to do a supurb job running the business end of the franchise and letting him run the football organization and team, HOF QB with a more than manageable ego, well established 3-4 defense dotted with core players, a chance to write history in the cap era, a defacto GM willing to do the personnel work without the title, his kids in school here, a hop, skip and jump from the Vinyard...

It's too hot in Tampa for his trademark hoodie and they have no QB and the wrong personnel for the 3-4, and when was the last time the crumudgeon in the leisure suit who inhabits the black hole hired or was willing to pay for a HC who wasn't a novice desperate for a first break or a doormat retread?

There is a lot of Steve Belichick in Bill Belichick. He remained at Navy because it provided what he needed most which was a stable family life within a competitive football environment. What matters to his son most is coaching and teaching winning system oriented football with accountability, and he has the opportunity to do that here plus stability for the forseeable future. Which is why I would not be surprised to see him, when the time comes, move on to the college ranks - particularly if the Navy job came open at the righ time, to continue teaching and probably do some serious football theory writing.

that makes me VERY happy, but how do you know?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extras/askreiss/12_12_06/?page=full

What's your understanding of Bill Belichick's contract status? Is this his last season under contract? And would there be any shred of truth to the rumors of Belichick going to the Houston Texans? Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject.
Gary Mansfield

A: In January, the Boston Globe published a story with comments from owner Robert Kraft that somewhat touched on this subject. In the story, it was reported that Kraft said any representation that 2006 was the final year of Belichick's contract would be untrue. I don't think there's anything to the talk of the Texans. As for Belichick himself, my feeling is that he's in this with the long-term in mind. I don't think he's looking to get out.

Where would he go, to Atlanta to prove Vick isn't an athletic coach killer, to Dallas to work with the wonderful Jones clan, to NY because the Giants can't imagine anyone wouldn't covet a chance to mold Eli and Shockey into men, to Cleveland to rub the local media's noses in it and take a shot at exposing RAC as a career assistant/coordinator to real genius, or to Arizona to prove the desert need not be where good football careers go to die under the incompetent gaze of the Bidwell's....

He is signed at least through 2007. That much we do know because Bob Kraft says this is not a final year on his deal. And he is a football historian who values legacy - so you would have to go some, and in more than just cash which he has more of than he can spend as his wardrobe clearly indicates to trump what he has here. Sane ownership who are happy to do a supurb job running the business end of the franchise and letting him run the football organization and team, HOF QB with a more than manageable ego, well established 3-4 defense dotted with core players, a chance to write history in the cap era, a defacto GM willing to do the personnel work without the title, his kids in school here, a hop, skip and jump from the Vinyard...

It's too hot in Tampa for his trademark hoodie and they have no QB and the wrong personnel for the 3-4, and when was the last time the crumudgeon in the leisure suit who inhabits the black hole hired or was willing to pay for a HC who wasn't a novice desperate for a first break or a doormat retread?

There is a lot of Steve Belichick in Bill Belichick. He remained at Navy because it provided what he needed most which was a stable family life within a competitive football environment. What matters to his son most is coaching and teaching winning system oriented football with accountability, and he has the opportunity to do that here plus stability for the forseeable future. Which is why I would not be surprised to see him, when the time comes, move on to the college ranks - particularly if the Navy job came open at the righ time, to continue teaching and probably do some serious football theory writing.

Great points. Too logical for the rumormongering tabloids.

Eventually, I see him possibly 'retiring' by going to Navy as his QB approaches the end game. Given the regretable fact that he's split from the mother of his kids, I also see him staying local just to have quick access to SOME family time outside of football.

Speaking of the football historian aspect, I really enjoyed VT geting the opportunity to throw his 20th year of TD passes. Glad to see the team really into it. Notice how the Flutie obsessed Felger did not go on a rant about it unlike last year. Was the dimwit even aware?

I'd think that BB has really made a case for older vets on their last years to come here, contribute and feel really welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down