PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How long have you loved the Draft, favorite draft choice ever ?

Been a Pats fan since 76. Can't' claim that draft because it already happened. But, Ken Beatrice on WBZ Calling All Sports used to talk NFL draft all of the time. I remember him talking about that draft and Mike Haynes became one of my favorites.

Favorites - Trade down to get Ray Agnew and Chris Singleton. Passed on Cortez Kennedy. Ouch. Loved Tony Eason pick too.

Hated - Bob Cryder Street and Smith's College magazine never even mentioned him. I knew he was going to be a bust:) Wasn't crazy about Ricky Sanford pick either.

My favorite Pats draft pick of all time, pre BB/Brady was Andre Tipett.

He made the pain of our drafting "Gameday" #1 overall [a 4-3 DT with a broken leg to play 3-4 DE, what a failure], a little less painful.

In the BB/Brady era, I really liked the drafting of DE Seymour. Sadly our defense has been putrid ever since he left.

My favorite Pats draft pick of all time, pre BB/Brady was Andre Tipett.

He made the pain of our drafting "Gameday" #1 overall [a 4-3 DT with a broken leg to play 3-4 DE, what a failure], a little less painful.

In the BB/Brady era, I really liked the drafting of DE Seymour. Sadly our defense has been putrid ever since he left.

Buschbaum loved that draft. Clayton Weishuhn was one of his favorites. And, the kid would have had a Steve Nelson like career if not for a serious knee injury.

Been a huge draft geek since high school so 2003 2004 area.

Favorite pick at the time by Pats were WILFORK, mayo, crable and chad Jackson. Favorite players we didn't draft?

Steven Jackson, Jon beason, Richard Marshall, Connor barwin, Sergio kindle, amongst many others haha

Wilfork and Bledsoe were my favorites. Wilfork because I never thought there was any chance of him being there and he was and they actually took him. Bledsoe because they sucked and he was the franchise QB they desperately needed. He's no Brady but it was the rebirth of this franchise.

The worst, maroney, i loved the pick and he sucked.

Someone mentioned Vagas Ferguson. I become a follower of Notre Dame because of the pick. He had over 800+ yards his rookie season, and I thought, here we go, here's our star back. The next season he was hurt in preseason, Tony Collins had been drafted in round 2 of 1981, and Ferguson was never heard of again. One of the most disappointing draft choices ever, probably behind Hart Lee Dykes and Andy Katzenmoyer.

It was I.

But you gotta admire the name. Vegas Ferguson.

Still works for me.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back