PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How long does it take you to get past a big loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wholeheartedly agree about the Woods fumble recovery. I just watched the lowlight 30 minute shows on SB 42 and SB 46. The Woods fumble recovery still gets me steamed. He had clear possession and the second Bradshaw touched him, the whistle should have blown the play dead. Instead, the crew stood around and allowed Bradshaw to roll Woods over and rip the ball away from him. Completely inept ref crew on that play.

Absolutely...well said. Whistle should have been blown right at that moment as you said. Replay after replay showed clear Woods possession when touched by the Giants and Carey and his buffoons allowed the scrum to continue for 15 more minutes which I have ever seen before in my 40 years of watching football. This and the Non Holding call of Seymour make me livid every time I hear Carey's voice. It almost looked like he had money on the game. This man single handedly changed potential Patriot and NFL history.

I shouldn't have tortured myself today watching the SB replays of 42 and 46. Like TinhWoodhead stated, the failed Hail Mary to Moss on 3rd down in the closing seconds came within a whisker of being an 84 or 86 yard (I forget the exact yardage) game winning play. Then I watched the Hail Mary in SB 46 and doubled over in pain when I relived how close a hobbled Gronk came to catching the deflection in the end zone. Between the two games, I still replay SB 42 in my head much more than SB 46.

giphy.gif

Absolutely...well said. Whistle should have been blown right at that moment as you said. Replay after replay showed clear Woods possession when touched by the Giants and Carey and his buffoons allowed the scrum to continue for 15 more minutes which I have ever seen before in my 40 years of watching football. This and the Non Holding call of Seymour make me livid every time I hear Carey's voice. It almost looked like he had money on the game. This man single handedly changed potential Patriot and NFL history.

I think of those 2 plays every single time I hear Mike Carey's often incorrect explanations on Fox. I'm convinced that my wife clearly thinks I am crazy, because every time I hear his voice I start freaking out. It's almost like he single handedly gave me a minor form of PTSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back