Welcome to PatsFans.com

How is this not making more headlines?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let me see if I have this straight. Mobs of black people are systematically targeting and viciously beating up white people in Chicago, Philly, DC and Milwaukee, and this practice gets virtually no media attention outside the locales where they took place?

If the racial components of these attacks were reversed, it would be the #1 media story of the decade. Aw snap that's racist! :eek:

Questions Arise Over Whether 'Flash Mob' Attacks in U.S. Cities Motivated by Race - FoxNews.com

Wisconsin State Fair: Wisconsin State Fair mob attack 911 tapes released - WITI

New 911 police tapes from Wisconsin State Fair released - Minneapolis News - The Blotter
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +331 / 6 / -7

I don't know. But the comments on the Fox News article sure are enlightening.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

It was done constantly during the the old "Walter Cronkite Days" they pick and choose what they want you to know, thats why they hate Fox and it is also the reason Fox mops the floor with them in the ratings, Fox tells "the whole story".

You not the racist criminals will now be considered the racist for daring to speak of this "double standard" it's how the liberal mind works, you are right, if these vermin were white it would be front page for weeks.
    (it's liberal racist reporting)
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

Prove this.

The article also mentioned LA. The only thing that happened here (that I'm aware of) were gang members using twitter or something to let each other know to meet in Venice. Other gang members caught word and also showed up. No black-on-white attack, nothing systematic, nothing racial.

As is to be expected, a few started fighting, cops started to break it up, and 1 guy shot another (black kid shoots black kid, who was ok).

Any evidence that what occurred in the other places was actually targeting whites?

btw, how long did it take for the national media to pay attention to the story of the redneck teens who attacked and ran over the black man down in Mississippi?
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

and I guess the way the conservative mind works is to be upset they're not the mobs committing racial violence (you know, the good ole days?) :rolleyes:
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

where are you, state?
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

If over time, incidents like this continue to ocurr, they WILL be addressed. Let us just hope they'll be addressed by gov't agencies and not by crazed citizens looking for revenge.

Racial incidents (if they are in fact racial) should be covered and addressed in the exact same manner no matter which racial group is committing the crime.

After all, that's the desire we all have no matter which race or political party we align ourselves with (and yes, I am speaking for everyone here).
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Please stick to the topic here.

That is why you think/don't think this is happening, media coverage and so on.

Patters and I discussed these attacks and the 'knockout' attacks.

This sort of issue can get very emotional, if threads go down that rat hole people will be banned from threads and threads will be closed pretty quickly.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

If these incidents are in fact racial, I don't think the reason really matters, do you P13? If I smack someone, I'm breaking the law and deserve to be treated as such.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Chico, you're a facts man...do a little googling and get the facts yourself. If you do, I guarantee you won't be asking anyone to prove what you're asking for.

Don't ask others to prove what's readily available to all of us. Take a look yourself.

flash mob attacks - Google Search
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

12. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

I'm not wasting my time to prove what somebody else claimed.

The article itself mentioned LA. I know that the one recent incident here didn't fit the description. Do you want to address that or not?

If there is evidence that they were targeting whites, let's hear the evidence.
  13. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well lookie here. I guess you see uses for government afterall. You know, stuff you don't wanna haveta deal with when things get unpleasant. :rolleyes:
  14. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

anyhow, this is all inevitable.... that's what happens when you suddenly tell poor people "hey, after decades of running up our federal credit cards, we can't pay our bills... so you're all about to get a whole lot poorer. ... sorry, deal with it, and sit home and shut up."

Wall St. gets a free pass... laid off angry Americans get the billy club.
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

FYI...there are far, far more poor caucasians than there are African-American poor in this country. In whole numbers, not as a percent.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

And I'm not wasting my time debating something that doesn't need to be debated. I could care less what you believe. I was just telling you that the facts are available if you'd like to see them.

If groups of black youths consitently attack only non african-americans, that's all we need for proof. We don't need recordings of conversation expressing their intent, do we? If groups of white youths consistently attack african-americans it would be the EXACT SAME THING.

At least I know for a fact you'd treat a "white on black" crime with the same ambivelance Chico. Hopefully you have equal interest in mob attacks no matter who the victims are.
  17. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What does that have to do with anything? Most poor white people live in rural areas.
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I'm a big supporter of law & order, aren't you? Like I wrote, I'd prefer to see gov't officials deal with this rather than vigilantes looking for revenge.

Probably have the exact same feelings as you Tit-us.
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

OH...so living in city is an excuse for violence? My point is that being poor is no excuse for beating the crap out of someone. Poor is poor no matter where you live.

The bottom-line here gainzo is that what's happened is inexcuseable and needs to dealt with harshly. Hell, even the police and mayors are echoing exactly what I just wrote.

How about we just look at what is actually happening instead of defending or attacking one another?
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Philly mayor: 'No excuses' for flash mob attacks

Philly mayor: 'No excuses' for flash mob attacks - CNN

"Philadelphia's mayor described his stiff curfew on teenagers' "flash mob" attacks on city residents as a dose of "tough love" and called for parents to keep better watch on their kids.

"I have an understanding of what of our parents are facing, but others are in very challenging situations, and I appreciate that and understand that, but there is no excuse for young people being out so late at night by themselves and then making bad decisions and literally assaulting other citizens," Mayor Michael Nutter told CNN's "American Morning" on Tuesday. "I will not tolerate that."

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.