PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How is Cassel any different than Aaron Rodgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers was very productive in college for several years in a major conference. Cassell was a backup QB and TE in college. Colleges have limited practice time as it is, I'm sure getting the backup QB reps is not a priority. So, that's a pretty big difference in my opinion, in that Rodgers has shown he can get it done in game situations against quality opposition. Cassell has received a lot of training over the last three years, but he's never been the guy in the huddle leading the offense in a game situation. I think Rodgers has a significant edge in that respect.

I agree with you entirely and I've been pretty hard on Cassell for his preseason perfomance.

However, BB kept him as the #2 QB and he played ok last week. I am definitely worried about how he will perform over the course of the season, but as a fan, he has my support.

Cassell hasn't started a regular season game as QB since 1999.

Drafted in '05.
Came out of the Pac-10.
Looked over a future-HOFer's shoulder the past 3 years.
Limited live-action experience before Week 1 '08.

Cassell hasn't started a regular season game as QB since 1999.

Todd Collins went over 10 years without a start and got the Redskins into the playoffs last year.

Belichick didn't select him because he's used to backing up a GQ-QB. He drafted him because he has the tools to fit our offense. And outside of Belichick/Brady/McDaniels, he is the most familiar with the offense.

We will be OK. Believe in Matt Cassel.

Rodgers started in college, for starters. Don't get me wrong, I think Cassel will be fine, but don't get carried away.

Rodgers started in college, for starters. Don't get me wrong, I think Cassel will be fine, but don't get carried away.

Rodgers transferred from a community college for 2 years of football at Cal. He didn't have to compete with Palmer or Lienart. His last start before the Minnesota game was in late 2004.

Like I said in another thread MATT "SHANE FALCO" CASSEL. Even the same #16.
He will lose some games for us this year and we have to put than in the equation and expectation. Just as long as he manages the rest and lets his team mates win. I said he will lose 4. That still gives us a shot at 12. Any other guesses?
DW Toys

Like I said in another thread MATT "SHANE FALCO" CASSEL. Even the same #16.
He will lose some games for us this year and we have to put than in the equation and expectation. Just as long as he manages the rest and lets his team mates win. I said he will lose 4. That still gives us a shot at 12. Any other guesses?
DW Toys

I'm thinking 10 wins - we will lose to most of the AFC heavyweights and 1 or 2 division losses.

BTW I like Matt "John Moxon" Cassel better ;)

My thoughts exactly on the comparison of Rodgers and Cassell. Besides, I believe Cassell will only get better the more he plays and the more comfortable he becomes. He's fortunate to be on a very deep, veteran team and knows by stepping up now and taking advantage of this will land him some financial security and a possible starting job somewhere in the future.

Isn't Rodgers ebmraced now,by the Packers fans after his performance last monday?

Ok your banner frightens me... Did you come up with that one yourself?

cassell looked much better the rodgers on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back