PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How injured is Crable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this analysis is confused.
1) Crable is not eligible for the regular season PUP list. He could be put on the regular season IR list and be out for the year, again. This is seeming more and more likely. The cost of keeping him on IR would actually cost less cap room than cutting him.
2) You quote Reiss as the one who praises Crable. That was before his last injury. It is that same Reiss who now does NOT have him on his projected 3 man roster.
3) And yes, I agree that the patriots need help at backup linebacker. That is NOT a reason to have an oft-injured Crable on the roster. That is a reason to put Crable on the IR to make room for a linebacker who might contribute this year, Ninkovitch comes to mind.

BOTTOM LINE
I have not yet taken Crable off my projected roster. Perhaps Reiss has more information than I do with regard to the extent of his injury or the extent of Belichick's patience with regard to Crable being a 2009 contributer.

Crable had some very good moments in his rookie camp - "promising" is the word I think Reiss and some others used to describe his pass rushing skills. If I'm not mistaken Reiss reiterated this point in just the last week or so.

Maybe he's just unlucky (and don't forget that Crable's off season effort was praised by BB), but considering that the Pats are virtually screaming for OLB help, I don't think Crable's about to be cut. No way. Maybe the regular season PUP, but not cut.

Nonkovitch has caught my eye several times at LB, plus he has some versatility having played LS and TE as well as STs. I have not seen enough of Crable to form an opinion.

Ninkovitch is certainly an option for the 53. The Practice Squad seems more likely.

Nonkovitch has caught my eye several times at LB, plus he has some versatility having played LS and TE as well as STs. I have not seen enough of Crable to form an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back