PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How important is Meriweather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Brandon Merriweather's play we have talked a lot about Mayo and his tackles but BM has had to step in to big shoes of Harrison he seems to be bigger and stronger. In the last 2 games he as had 2 sacks with FF on perfect timed blitzs he is giving us the safety blitz back I think next year he could be talked about like Adrian Wilson, Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed.

He also is a ball hawk or was more so earlier on this season when he was playing free safety.

He leads the team in ints. Joint first in FF's. He is second in tackles made. Joint 5th in sacks.

Re: How important is Merriweather

One of the encouraging parts about this season. Really this defense is a CB and a Vrabel replacement away from being dominant again.

We have a bright future, I've spent the last hour pissing and moaning about the Dolphins win coupled with the Ravens win but I like what's forthcoming for this team. Just hope we are able to franchise and trade Cassel or it will feel like another wasted opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back