PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How I Think We'll Beat Denver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam39

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Our defensive scheme will emphasize shutting down the running game. That along with us getting out to a lead, will force Plummer to take to the air to play catch-up. This will lead to some stalled drives and a couple of mistakes.

I also think the Broncos, though they'll claim otherwise, will not be able to help but be a little over-confident after having beaten us pretty good already, and playing at home and coming off a bye-week. I think it will elude them how much we have changed since then.

I'm not foolish enough to think we can't be beaten by them, we'll have to play really well. But I think we will and we'll win.

I am also much more optimistic then I was say 5-6 weeks ago that we have a chance to knock off the colts in indy if we get there.

I'm waiting for the NEM no huddle, hit them with slants routine. Get out in front early.

Which I think if the Pats do get out in front by 10-14 points it will make the Broncos one dimensional and force Plummer into turnovers.

And, with Jake Plummer, do NOT let him play from a scoreboard positive... make him think he has to do it all, he willgive the ball away.

nobody sh!ts the bed from behind like Plummer...the trick will be scoring first and I like the no huddle wrinkle

NEM said:
EXACTLY. They did it yesterday, the no huddle, and Brady's
pasiing game failed outside, but worked on the inside routes.

Seems like the NEMster was right, AGAIN.

Same with Denver... Dont try to run on them first, we are not a run first pass second team. We win by using the pass in the seams, inside, forcing linebackers off, and safeties up..and then we control the scorebaord, control the game, and then run em ragged on the ground.

In Denver, NEVER GO IN CONSERVATIVE, NEVER.

And, with Jake Plummer, do NOT let him play from a scoreboard positive... make him think he has to do it all, he willgive the ball away.

Hmmm, saw a different game in the first half, I guess. I saw nothing but batted balls, covered recievers and QB pressure on those inside routes. But I did see Kevin sucking up yards, as predicted, on stretch runs and swing passes to the short perimeter. Why BB kept going away from that time eating, yard gaining steady long drive game plan into some crazy no huddle long middle stuff is absolutely beyond me, but as they say, in BB we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back