PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How have we fared against Sam Adams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We faced him when he was previously in Buffalo and before that in Baltimore. Have we been able to consistently run against him?

QB12

It's depended on the game, if I recall. He's a big fella with a good motor. He's tough.

I'll always remember him rumbling downfield with that fumble or INT or whatever it was during the 31-0 drubbing we took the first week in 2003.

As I recall he's not easy to move,but all guys that size tire easily....hope we can pull that off...

Adams has gotten old and slow. He is still a big guy and can hold his own, but i don't see a problem bouncing outside or running the other way,,,plus blocking him should be easier than it has in the past!

Still though the best line i have heard on NFL Primetime was about him. He had scooped up a fumble (or INT) and was returning it for a touchdown. He was running down the field and Berman goes: "Sam Adams is rumblin, bumblin, stumblin--------he's a brewry" I fell off the couch i laughed so hard...Of course this was that one year where they had Stuart Scott with Berman and Jackson and it was great. Now that they do their stuff in the middle of sportscenter (NFL Edge, or something) it's tought to watch becuase i don't have an interest in NFL coverage with golf and baseball mixed in.

Adams returned a interception for a TD against the Patriots in the 31-0 opening day drubbing in 2003, I believe.

There has been many a Monday morning when I wished that I had never met Sam Adams. The Black Lager makes for a mean hangover.

after that 2003 opener the pats have kinda run away from center of the line so i guess he will tire in few plays if the pats run right or left...i doubt running right at the gut is possible...at least not initially.

SVN said:
after that 2003 opener the pats have kinda run away from center of the line

I was sitting in row 10, corner end zone at the Ralph when Sam Adams scooped up that interception and rumbled my way. It was like being on safari and having a rhino run straight for you. Man did that suck.

CTPatsFan said:
There has been many a Monday morning when I wished that I had never met Sam Adams. The Black Lager makes for a mean hangover.

I too have had my liver kicked by Sam on many occasion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye