PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How has your week been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitt25

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This thread is for all my people still wearing Pats gear outside in the middle of this whole Deflate-gate crap. How was your week? I wanna know. Did you catch anyone glaring at you, get into an argument with a complete stranger on the street, a co-worker at work, etc.

I'll start. A Cowboy fan -- you know, that team who had a crucial flag picked up after a penalty was called on them in that Lions game -- had the audacity to call my team cheaters. And when I brought up the Lions game, they said it's completely different. WTF? Everyone else I encountered, though, agreed with me, saying it didn't make a difference since Colts couldn't stop the run, couldn't score, and all that. I even had a Steelers fan tell me he wants us to win (shocking).

It's been fine because I just tell people what they can deflate and, subsequently, kiss.

Every week at work I put a few Patriots "Pictures of the Week" up. This week in addition to Tom, Gronk, Blount and Collins, I have two others up. One says "Embrace the Hate". The other says "They Hate us 'Cause they 'Ain't Us".

Last edited:
I just keep asking them if the Patriots deflated their Balls? And say it kinda explains why a grown Man can act like a little Girl, and there are LOTS of grown Men across the Country acting like little Girls right now. I`m actually embarassed for them which is kind of strange.

Been ausome. Afc champs! Been trolling everyone with ball boy jokes and psi jokes. Pats fans should lighten up. Why should we care about any of this?

I live in Delaware surrounded by Ravens/Eagles fans, throw in the occasional Cowboy fan and the delusional Steeler fans and yeah people at work/in stores, anywhere in public have all got something to say. B R U T A L !!! mostly because they don't have their own opinion or take the time to do any research just spit out what the media says, when I push back with logical points...gets quite funny and I find myself laughing at them, in the end its like any other Sunday, when NE loses or finds themselves in a close game my phone/facebook page blow up. When we win the silence is deafening. Hoping a win in Arizona SHUTS THEM ALL UP!

Most of my buddies are fans of other teams--mostly Bills fans, who are hard to hate because they suck so bad :) (and really haven't had any league violations to throw back in their face...anyone got any I can use?)

Some have been logical and understanding, some have basically said BFD didn't have any impact and everyone bends the rules. Then there's a few who keep harping on it, how BB is bad for the NFL, a multiple-time cheater who's doing what he always does and I should be ashamed for supporting him. They're mostly trolling me, because they know how passionate I am, but I do know these guys despise Belichick.

Some back and forth, and I pretty much kick their ass with facts (Brad Johnson, Vikings/Panthers game, Rodgers; plus general facts around other coaches bending/breaking rules all the time). More to appease myself, but they won't change.

All in all, I'd say 50% don't think it mattered and/or don't care cause everyone does it; 25% troll because that's what we do as friends and fans but don't really care and have a grudging respect of BB/Patriots; 25% troll but do it because they genuinely hate BB (read: are jealous of the Patriots success).

I honestly think that this is the stupidest story of the year.

I love basking in the glory of the Pats going to another freaking Superbowl!!!! All the other noise is just something mildly entertaining and doesn't at all interfere with my mood.

I had a Steelers fan on Facebook post some crap so I quietly dropped one of those Star Wars Emperor Butthurt photo bombs on his thread and he STFU real fast LOL.

It's the first week of classes for me and i haven't been really able to enjoy our super bowl appearance. I remember in the past it was all about the matchup and stories surrounding the players and giving us credit.

Instead, we have all this nonsense. F*CK Mortensen!

I've been getting crap on FaceBook - I just up this pic as a reply:

weigh.jpg

Its been a great week Pats are going to the Super Bowl. I could care leas what the hacks like Borges the plagiarist or the old fool Ryan say. All that matter is what happens on 02/01/15 in Arizona.

images

At work, I'm in Giants, Jets, Eagles territory with some Steelers and Cowboys fans transplanted in... instead of trash-talking all the time, i talk actual football with the guys... pretty sure that's why i haven't got much **** for this even though many asked... one guy though, a Giants fan, started in. I had to remind him of the story he himself told me of meeting an ex-1st-down chain guy for the Giants (who's son has now taken over for him) at a party... if you think the chains don't move a little bit, well, you're a little naive. He quieted down in short order...

Annoyed, I want to talk about the game

My week has freaking sucked major ass, and that would be putting it very mildly.

I started off the week by having to sell my hotel reservations for the SB out in Phoenix, and the whole effing thing has spiraled out of control from there.

I am desperate for some good news more than you can imagine.

I havent turned on to watch espn.Only today to see BB and TB press conference.All those ****ers at espn have put our franchise through the mud.

I think our team has to go out there and win by 3 tds or more to get thr final satisfaction!

Crapy week for sure, I don't wear sports apparel but I might start just for this occasion. Screw the haters, It'd be nice to have some t-shirts to combat the BS, maybe a pats logo with "They hate us cause they ain't us" written underneath. I'm out here in OR, people talking all kinds of BS...

Last edited:
I'm refreshing this forum at 3:22 when I have work at 9. That should tell you a little something. It has sucked.

Actually thinking about the deflategate has been more relaxing then thinking about the SB !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back