PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How has "Spygate" affected you as a Patriots fan?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has "spygate" affected your enjoyment of the Patriots?

• I'm less of a fan now than before "spygate."

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • It has seriously affected my ability to enjoy the Patriots.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • It pisses me off royally and I wish Kraft would fight back.

Votes: 52 31.7%
  • It has been a nuisance, nothing more.

Votes: 34 20.7%
  • I think it's funny and laugh it off.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I've enjoyed following the Tomase/Walsh/Specter/Goodell soap opera.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I'm a stronger fan than ever, it's us against the world.

Votes: 58 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Negative

you forgot the playoff loss to Denver

13 - 3 any idea of what that represents? Playoff record since 2001. What a horrible coach.

Nixon will always be remembered for Watergate because that was his Waterloo. (his farewell)

Belichick can still create and write history.

Thanks allot for bringing up the Denver loss. It took me a while to get over that one. But it is behind me.

IMHO, yes he was a "Horrible" coach in SB 42.

Look at the thread titles on this message board. It is a damn shame. We have been to reduced to "Spy Gate" apologists or "Spy Gate" avoiders. When others bring it up at work or around town I just put my head down and move away. Perception is Reality in the U.S.A.!!! The rest of America now believes the Pats did some form of cheating. Thanks Bill!!!!!!

I am sorry you feel that way. I couldn't give a crap about what the media and idiots in the rest of the country think. I remember the team before he came. Thank you Bill and Scott-GO PATS:rocker:

I'm a stronger fan than ever, but that would happen regardless of "videotaping in front of everyone to see, and not spying because we were not hiding gate"

It just made me hate the media even more now

I now root for errant throws to decapitate opposing owners. (We need more balls with razor blades.:D)

I voted for No. 2, not because it has really changed my opinion of the Pats - I still love them dearly and will follow them with as much passion as ever. However, I was disappointed in BB that he would put the Pats in this position, and I am disgusted with the way this has stayed front & center for almost a year now. Following pro football is a means of escape and enjoyment for me. The heavy-handed mishandling of things by Roger Goodell, plus the gleeful piling on and on and on and on... by the media has really been a downer for me. It has, as the poll says, seriously affected my enjoyment of the Pats (much more so than the SB loss, which I got over after a few months). I wish it would all just go away, but it seems it never will as long as BB is associated with the Pats. That is a shame, for the fans, the players and the organization.

If it wasn't that it'd be something else. Either Brady's kid or Faulk's pot, whatever. Truth hardly matters. The mediots wanted a story and would've blown up anything Patriots.

I would bet a serious amount of money that 6 out of the 7 who voted that "spygate has seriously affacted their ability to watch the Pats" are opposing fan trolls. It just wouldn't make any sense for a Patriots fan to feel that way.:cool:

Bingo, he has Bingo!

Thanks allot for bringing up the Denver loss. It took me a while to get over that one. But it is behind me.

IMHO, yes he was a "Horrible" coach in SB 42.

Look at the thread titles on this message board. It is a damn shame. We have been to reduced to "Spy Gate" apologists or "Spy Gate" avoiders. When others bring it up at work or around town I just put my head down and move away. Perception is Reality in the U.S.A.!!! The rest of America now believes the Pats did some form of cheating. Thanks Bill!!!!!!

Apologist? Don't adopt the language of idiots, unless you want to be an idiot. BB broke a rule. The Rule on camera placement. I have yet hear anyone say he didn't. Apologists my ass! People that cow-tow to idiot trolls are worse than the trolls.

You should know better than to think the crime was sign stealing. This is Camera placement-gate.

Apologist? Are you a troll, "special", or like 6 years old?

I hate everything about it except how much more I love the Patriots and how much stronger I'll root for them next season. I wish Kraft, or whomever, would expose what a witchhunt this is. Bleah, I just have no high-ground on this one. I want every team that ever cheated in the way that we did exposed and treated just like the Pats organization has been. I also would like to see Mike Ditka choke on his gum. What can I say, the Patriot-hate brings out the child in me!

I voted for No. 2, not because it has really changed my opinion of the Pats - I still love them dearly and will follow them with as much passion as ever. However, I was disappointed in BB that he would put the Pats in this position, and I am disgusted with the way this has stayed front & center for almost a year now. Following pro football is a means of escape and enjoyment for me. The heavy-handed mishandling of things by Roger Goodell, plus the gleeful piling on and on and on and on... by the media has really been a downer for me. It has, as the poll says, seriously affected my enjoyment of the Pats (much more so than the SB loss, which I got over after a few months). I wish it would all just go away, but it seems it never will as long as BB is associated with the Pats. That is a shame, for the fans, the players and the organization.

I agree. Speaking as someone who now lives outside New England, I don't think that most Pats fans understand how badly this has tainted the way the average fan thinks about this team. I'm talking about fans whose primary loyalties might lie with another team but who are also reasonable people (i.e., not "haters").

In this regard, the "Walsh tapes" are a two-edged sword. On the one hand, they exonerate the Pats from the Walkthrough charge. On the other hand, they provide the average, reasonable fan with a tangible way of "connecting" with something the Pats were doing for a long time and that they regard as not "playing fair."

Sorry you feel that way. I live in Florida and I don't give a crap what the loser fans think. The real reason they hate the Pats has nothing to do with this taping BS. Losers always want an excuse for their failure so they don't have to look in the mirror and this is it. Do you really think if the Dolphins were caught taping the Pats anyone would care? Come to think of it they did LOL.

im not affected at all. it is just overhyped media bs that is getting all this attention cuz we are the team to hate right now for winning 3 superbowls in 4 years when parity supposed to prevent this. oh by the way go pats

Last edited:
It pisses me off royally and I wish Kraft would fight back.

Why is it that the Dolphins that do the very same thing awhile back, and get away with murder... but, when Belichick get's caught, it's a national story for the last year?

Other teams get caught time and again for cheating, but the Pats are the only team that gets national coverage every freakin week?

The Pats are a very much hated team.

The truly dumbass fans of other teams that try to berate the Pats and their fans is my biggest problem.

They most likely are the Raider fans (tuck rule).

I don't know if it's just spygate, or everyone getting tired of the patriots just being better and getting excuses. It seems like people are just looking for reasons to hate, but I have been totally turned off to the american media because everyone just loves to hate the patriots. It's not even spygate, it's how Brady was so arrogant, Seymour is dirty, running up the score, blah blah blah. Without trying to sound like a hippie, it's amazing how much of a tool 95% of the sporting public is for the media. They just regurgitate what they are told.

I also love how Jimmie Johnson said the best signal stealer from when he was coaching is on the Colts staff now. Nobody batted an eye.

As a fan I'm stronger after spygate and the super bowl, but that doesn't mean I'm going to listen to people blast the patriots because they want to. I still have A.S. Roma anyway.

I chose "I'm a stronger fan than ever, it's us against the world."

But maybe "angrier" would be a better word choice than "stronger".

Anyway, this has just reminded me that people are sheep. Lazy sheep. Lazy stupid sheep. Although some people like to make love to lazy stupid sheep. I call them "Colts fans".

I chose "I'm a stronger fan than ever, it's us against the world."

But maybe "angrier" would be a better word choice than "stronger".
I chose that answer too, and "angrier" also gets my vote.The Pats have been overlooked before, disrespected before, but now it's their integrity that's being dragged through the muck:nono:

It's made me hate the media and fans of other teams more and made me realize how stupid most of them are. It's also made me hate Jolly Roger. Yep, lots of hatred going on here.

How I feel about the Patriots, though, hasn't been affected - I don't look down on Belichick or feel in any way embarassed over what happened.

Some well placed hatred is good for the soul. I hope your not embarrassed by it. I look @ butt wipes like sphincter and actually feel superior and this is coming from a guy who has absolutely has no reason to feel superior to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back