PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How great was AV missing that FG

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakGoDeep

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
with this happening so early in the game I almost forgot about it.

I loved it.

that was sweet! I was really hoping we'd block one of the shorter ones. Better luck next time!

"Wrong again, Adam!"
-Bruschi

Adam can not be counted on for any kicks over 44 yards anymore. I knew he was going to miss it.

Amazing It got me so pumped up I never used so much profanity in once sentence ever.

I'm happy for Adam that he got his money after playing out his contract. Congratulations are due to him for winning another Super Bowl with the Colts. That being said, I'm very glad that he left the year he did, because his replacement, Gostkowski, is an upgrade at this point in their respective careers, and should remain so for the duration of Vinatieri's tenure as an NFL kicker.

Yeah, no doubt. He's still clutch for us! :bricks:

That was sweet.

I explained to my Dad last year that the reason they didn't care that Vinatieri left was that he didn't cut it on kickoffs anymore.

Then he was watching the game today and he said "wow that Gostkowski really booms them in the end zone". I said yup, that kid saves us 10 yards on EVERY drive, and to BB that is huge.

Actually, his missed FG was a huge factor.

If the Colts had only been down by 1 on that last drive, they would have had only half the distance to go to get the go-ahead score. This definitely affected the Colts playcalling. Manning would have been content to go for the underneath routes on the last drive, and wouldn't have held on to the ball so long - allowing time for the Patriots to get the sack/turnover.

R

I've never been so certain that a decision was bad only to be proven wrong than in the case of letting AV go to the Colts. I'm at the point now where even if the Pats were down by 2 with 3 minutes to play and they punted of first down, I wouldn't be furious. I'd just sit back and wait for the brilliance of that move to be revealed:D

Reiss reported that Seymour tipped AV's miss.

Reiss reported that Seymour tipped AV's miss.

I thought so at the time, was surprised the announcers didn't see it that way!

with this happening so early in the game I almost forgot about it.

I loved it.

If he weren't dead to me I would have enjoyed it more. ;)

I thought so at the time, was surprised the announcers didn't see it that way!

The didn't on the initial kick ATTEMPT :) , but on one of the replays one of them mentioned it and gave Big Sey's total number of tipped kicks.

before the game yesterday Gostkowski was the NFLs leading scorer.

Funny but before the game I had a feeling he would miss one and it would change the tempo of the game. Well he did, while it didn't change the tempo, it provided a bad omen for things to come :)

Actually, his missed FG was a huge factor.

If the Colts had only been down by 1 on that last drive, they would have had only half the distance to go to get the go-ahead score. This definitely affected the Colts playcalling. Manning would have been content to go for the underneath routes on the last drive, and wouldn't have held on to the ball so long - allowing time for the Patriots to get the sack/turnover.

R

Totally agree here was thinking the same thing late in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots