Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
We still had

Adam V
Deion Branch
and
Signed Ty Law
Signed Javon Walker

I think just having those 4 guys would have put us over the top and we could have done that witht the salary cap room we have!

bradybunch said:
We still had

Adam V
Deion Branch
and
Signed Ty Law
Signed Javon Walker

I think just having those 4 guys would have put us over the top and we could have done that witht the salary cap room we have!

It would have been tough to sign Javon Walker. Trade for him, yes, but not sign. He was never a free agent.

Would they have put us over the top? Unlikely.

What would have Adam done that Gostkowski hasn't?

What has Branch done this season with Seattle?

This year probably about the same.

In the future, worse off because of the amount of salary cap they would have taken up.

pats1 said:
What has Branch done this season with Seattle?

I thought it is misleading to compare Branch's production with Seattle this season to what his production would have been had Branch remained with the Patriots.

Adam V.
Worse this year and into the future

BRANCH
Better this year, even or worse in the future.

LAW
I have no comment (my first 200 were enough). We would be better off if we hadn't cut Poteat.

WALKER
After McNair, he is the pickup of the year. Obviously, he would have been worth whatever was needed to get him.
------------------------------------------

And just BTW, the need at WR and CB was foreseeable, just as it has been for years.

mgteich said:
Adam V.
Worse this year and into the future

BRANCH
Better this year, even or worse in the future.

LAW
I have no comment (my first 200 were enough). We would be better off if we hadn't cut Poteat.

WALKER
After McNair, he is the pickup of the year. Obviously, he would have been worth whatever was needed to get him.
------------------------------------------

And just BTW, the need at WR and CB was foreseeable, just as it has been for years.

I think that we should have gotten Law signed for the slight extra money it would have taken over what KC gave him. And held onto Poteat.

Branch would have helped us in the short run, but who knows if Walker could pick up our offense. I truly think that our offense is not user friendly enough to be a sure match for most players.

I am satisfied with what we have, not what we should have or might have been. Gotta remember why they left, Ty Law turned down a very good offer about 3 years ago, Vinateri wanted to play in a dome, Branch breached his contract and if they made an exception it would have gone against what is expected of the other 52 in the locker room, I read somewhere he was going to Foxboro next, but didn't make it out of Denver.

It makes no matter we have what we have, BB and his staff will make the best of them.

bradybunch said:
We still had

Adam V
Deion Branch
and
Signed Ty Law
Signed Javon Walker

Did you ever hear about the dog and the rabbit?

I can shrug off Deion Branch at this point. Deion has about....24 receptions, Caldwell has about ten more. Both have 3 TD's. I mean geez, I'll take Caldwell over Branch if he continues to play like this. Plus the satisfaction of it is how cheap Caldwell was and how expensive Branch is.

bradybunch said:
We still had

Adam V
Deion Branch
and
Signed Ty Law
Signed Javon Walker

This is easy....

Worse much worse! Probably 5-5 or 6-4.

Adam V = best days behind him

Deion B = Injury Prone

Ty Law = Old Waaaay too Old

Javon Walker = Too many problems just ask Denver...

The only one of those 4 I wish had happened was Ty Law. We don't need Branch or Walker, and as much as I like Adam V and Willie, they are both heading onto the back 9.

Ty Law is nothing now. He is a stat drivin guy who always goes for the INT instead of the cover. He want's to much for being that type of CB.

Adam would always be a great addition, but I trust BB's decision.

fleabassist1 said:
Ty Law is nothing now. He is a stat drivin guy who always goes for the INT instead of the cover. He want's to much for being that type of CB.

Adam would always be a great addition, but I trust BB's decision.

I haven't seen Ty play a down this season, so I really wouldn't know.

About the same this year. Out of contention starting the next couple years.

If you want to see how that spend it all for the window of opportunity works, ask the Walrus in Seattle.

How's he going to pay for a run Defense when he's paying 7 mil a year for Burleson to field punts?

How good would this team be if Brady hadn't thrown just two of his INT's? That's the the 'real' question. Take out Brady's first awful bomb INT in the Colts game ( came on 1st down with no pressure) and his complete brain fart INt to the Jet's LB while Maroney was standing wide open a mere 20ft away in the 4th quarter and this team is likely to be 9-1. The difference is that close, that thin a margin.

A person might argue that Tommy Boy feels added pressure to make some plays because Branch and Givens are gone. Those factors might affect him a small amount, but knowing what TB is capable of no matter who he has to throw to, I still think TB just screwed up a bit and that's the whole story except for the Denver game when the whole team just stunk.

I've got full confidence in TB to straighten things out. I'm more worried about how the D couldn't stop the Jets at all on NY's final scoring drive and the game was on the line.

We would be better THIS year, no doubt. I'm not going to say we'd be even because we'd still have Reche. A combo of him, Branch, and Javon Walker would be deadly. Plus, we would have kept Javon away from Denver and he killed us when he played us. I think we'd have at least 1 more win with just him.

In the future years, we would be much worse. Maybe it takes a couple of draft picks to land Javon. Are we then able to draft C. Jackson or Maroney for that matter? Maybe we are worse off this year without Maroney. Jackson has the potential to have similar years that Javon will in the next 2-3 years, so that becomes a wash. Also, what will the 1st round pick we got for Deion land us? Maybe it lands us a future hall of famer. Who knows?

Yes, we would be better this year. We'd also be in salary cap hell for future years and the future would certainly be a lot dimmer with all those players. In BB I trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes