PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How good is Thomas Jones??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Line or no line, Jones did nothing against us last year until Seau went down with an injury. The Pats D tends to be excellent against powerbacks. When the run D struggles, it often is against the change of pace backs. So I'm not too worried about Jones and agree that Leon is more of threat tomorrow.

Speaking of this. Wasn't it Jones that Seau was trying to tackle when he got that broken forearm?

^Off the top of my head, I thought it was Benson who had also given the D more problems than Jones. Not sure though and you might be right that it was Jones.

Last edited:
FGSSAND - I've been saying this for a bit... That much of Jones' success the last 3 years was because of his O-line in Chicago. And I have to agree with you that Washington is a bigger threat.

Indeed you have.....we should be able to shut their running game down and thereby take play action out of the equation. When we accomplish that, Chad will be challenged to try to throw that ball into those areas that he historically has had problems doing just that.

Maybe Washintgon and Jones combine for a 100, maybe 125, perhaps with one or two decent runs, they'll see 150 yards. It won't be enough though. Unless Chad Pennington can get really hot, I just do not see how the Jets will score a lot of points on us. Twenty points at most.....

Furthermore, I do see them struggling to keep us under 30 points.

They didnt even give up a 2nd rounder, they swapt 2nd rounders with the Bears....

It was one of the best trades the Jets have ever made.

I think on this, we can agree. Either Chicago knows something none of us do or they are complete idiots. As of right now its the latter.

We don't know.
- Scanty injury information.
- How will Schotty use him in his offense?
- Will what NY does improve upon what he was able to accomplish in Chicago?

yeah i figure he'll be a 1,200 yd back this season. I think little leon will provide more excitement and Big plays for you guys though. jones will be the guy pounding for yds.

sigforchad.jpg

Hey Franchise12,

Does your signature imply that Jackson was the steal of the draft or that he the salary he is earning as a 2nd round draft pick is essentially "stealing"? ;) Just kiddin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey