PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How good is our rush defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
i know there some concerns initially but we seemed to have tightened up ? is it because of the lopsided early scores or has the defense improved ? tom waddle on nfln thinks pats can be run on . We are giving 89 yards per game but giving up 4.4 per yards per carry according to him .
Seems like our fast starts really negates the opposing running game. Westbrook averages 5 yards a carry so should be a good test for our D.

it's hard To tell because teams play from behind so often. They give up on the run. Maybe the Pats can be run on but a team will most likely be playing behind

its also hard to say cuz weve been playing nickle a lot and not giving up the big pass play....other then that, no, i dotn think the pats can be run on....

and even if they can, the team would still lose cuz they would take up too much clock

With Wilfork Warren and Seymour our rush D is the last thing we need to worry about.

In the Cowboys game which was pretty close, for much of the game anyway, the Patriots gave up 99 yards on the ground. In the Colts game which they were behind until the 4th Q, although they played 5+ DB's just about the whole game, they gave up 119 yards. Thier average is 89.3 a game for 4.2 according to ESPN.
Westbrook is the Eagles best weapon and I expect he'll be a guy the Patriots target to try and take away. The Steelers will be a good test and I expect the Patriots to try and make Rothleshambuger win the game by keeping him in the pocket and taking the run away. The scores have this out of whack most games though. When a team runs down 20+ points it can be successful because the Patriots are playing to stop the pass.

were as good as we want to be in my opinion. Lets not make excues for not being as good as we can(nickel, prevent, playing from behind,etc) Our problem is tackling. If we tackle ..were the best D.

The only time i recall RBs having success is when we dont tackle or swarm to ball. We tackled poorly verse Kenny Watson, Wright, Barber/Jones, Brown/Chatman and Colts

if we can just stop letting RBs get yards after contact..were the best. But thats the problem..i would like to see our D tackle like they did against LT. Run to ball and dont let him move after the first contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back