PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Good Is Our Depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that our depth is so good that it would not be at all surprising to see us signing veterans at any of four positions in the next ten days: linebacker, corner, quarterback and tight end.

It seems that our depth is so good that it would not be at all surprising to see us signing veterans at any of four positions in the next ten days: linebacker, corner, quarterback and tight end.

with the way Watson blocks and the way the O-Line protects, Tight end wouldn't be a shocker. they need all the help they can get from any quality blocking TE's.

I know Seau and Moses went to school together but I hope he returns. The Pats may get younger but the depth has dropped off at LB. Last year when Colvin went down Thomas was able to slide outside and we still had quality on the outside and serviceable players in the middle. If any of the starting LBs get injured there is a serious drop-off.

I wonder if the Pats may consider a trade (6th or 7th rounder) for some additional depth.

After all the injuries this weekend, I'm thrilled with what BB has done in managing our players.

I think we've got good depth in the front seven, at running back, and at safety. Decent depth on the Oline. Other than that, we don't have too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes