PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How far will the Patriots go now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
How far will the Patriots go in the playoffs?

Put those homie thoughts away and be unbiased!

Superbowl, Superbowl, Superbowl. I don't want to think of anything less because I'm not ready for another heartbreaker.

How far will the Patriots go in the playoffs?

Put those homie thoughts away and be unbiased!

Right now,
The board is wide open.
They should beat the jets.
Baltimore's defense looks good and Mcnair gives them an offensive presense they haven't had before but ,they don't scare me.
Indy Has the offense,but there D looks horrible now.
KC, has herm edwards as a coach,That's enough for me:D
Chargers are the real deal but Marty in the playoffs,and a BB,Defense vs Rivers??? I can live with that.

Maybe it is homerism,but I don't see why the Pats can't go the big game:D

Last edited:
Right now,
The board is wide open.
They should beat the jets.
Baltimore's defense looks good and Mcnair gives them an offensive presense they haven't had before but ,they don't scare me.
Indy Has the offense,but there D looks horrible now.
KC, has herm edwards as a coach,That's enough for me:D
Chargers are the real deal but Marty in the playoffs,and a BB,Defense vs Rivers??? I can live with that.

Maybe it is homerism,but I don't see why the Pats can't go the big game:D
And the NFC sucks, so "crown our ass!"

I believe that when they win the first two games, which they will do, they will go on to the AFC title game,. and it will be held in Foxboro.

I fully expect them to beat the Jets, move on to Balitmore and win there, in a low scoring game, and at the same time, KC will win at Indy, and win at San Diego....... and the Patriots WILL HOST THE AFC TITLE GAME...and move on to Miami for the Super Bowl.... to play the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES.

I agree with everything besides KC winning at San Diego. I just think it would be too big of an upset with San Diego having 2 weeks rest and
KC not having the Defense to stop the Chargers nor the offense to match them in a shootout. (I would obviously love your prediction to come true though)!
I see the Pats heading to San Diego and having a fighters chance, and since this is a battle tested team, with the best corner man in the leage, I like our chances!

I voted "Two and Through" only because I think KC will beat Indy, forcing the Pats to go to Baltimore...the worst matchup I think they would face. If they can get by a rested Ravens defense, I think they can go all the way.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Regards,
Chris

Chris my man. You need to specify WHICH statement you hope you're wrong about.

I said we win the whole thing.

If everything rolls as I predict this weekend, which is KC takes out Indy, we take out the Jets, we should be able to take Baltimore, I think maybe even in an easy manner. We have beaten McNair before in the playoffs, and while the Ravens D is stout, I think our defense can shut down B'More as good as they can shut ours down. KC/SD is a crapshoot. Two weeks rest even included, any time its a division matchup, and the third time these teams have faced each other, I throw out records and stats, these teams know each other, and it would be a toss up (and yes, if I wasn't a blind homer, I would say our matchup would be a toss up this weekend, but I am a blind homer, and I say we beat the Jets.) Furthermore, if we get that far to face either a Herm Edwards or Marty Schottenheimer coached team, well, look at the coaches who will be on the other sideline against the best coach in the history of the post season.

NFC wise, its going to be either Philly or New Orleans. Jeff Garcia does not scare me, and we already faced Philly a few years ago in the Super Bowl and handled them, New Orleans reminds me alot of Indy in thier offense, they do kinda scare me, but we can score on thier defense easily. As long as we play our football, no turnovers (an no refs in the pocket of the other team, see Denver last year,) I think we will be seeing another Vince coming our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing