PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How far will PATs go in POs without Bruschi - comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Poll question got messup somehow. But comments are good anyway.

Last edited:
Without Bruschi, I think the only team they can beat is Jax.

oldrover said:
Without Bruschi, I think the only team they can beat is Jax.

You don't think PATs can take Denver without Bru?

I'd much rather have Bruschi with us for the playoffs as he is still my favorite defensive player but we have the potential to go all the way regardless!

JR4 said:
You don't think PATs can take Denver without Bru?

Denver would be the only other team I think they could beat... but it would be tough. Plus, as it stands, they'd play Indy first and IMHO wouldn't make it past the Colts.

I honestly do not think the Colts are as good as everyone thinks. I look at their cup cake schedule, I look at how they have been playing as of late, I look at the tragedy they will have to deal with , I see thier growing injury list, I see how they will be out of sync based on their approach to their divisional home game and I see them being ousted by any number of teams in the first game.

That said - to answer the question, I think we will have a very hard time without Bruschi "navigating the "D" (as Seymour puts it). We should be able to beat Pittsburgh or Jax. I worry about Cinnci and Denver without Teddy B though. The Colts are paper tigers.

I think he is one of about 5 players we cannot afford to lose at this point. Brady, Dillon, Seymour, Bruschi and Vrabel are the "musts" in my opinion.

Cupcake schedule?!?!? They did NOT have a cupcake schedule... they whooped us, they whooped Pitt, they beat Jax twice, they beat Cincy... that's 5 wins against teams with 10 or more wins. Yeah, they've got a coupla crappy teams in their division... but so do we.

0-1 without Bru.
Remember the Cold Hard Football Facts that Bru is the guy who calls all the defensive signals. Hawkins said that Bru, not he, is calling the D for the safetys.

oldrover said:
Cupcake schedule?!?!? They did NOT have a cupcake schedule... they whooped us, they whooped Pitt, they beat Jax twice, they beat Cincy... that's 5 wins against teams with 10 or more wins. Yeah, they've got a coupla crappy teams in their division... but so do we.

Yes - cupcake schedule - Jax plays in the same weak division as Indy and basically had the same type of easy schedule having their own easy divison and the all time tough NFC west to contend with. Please, their schedule was a joke. Further, when Colts played us we were at our worst, we are much imporved, so even their victiry against us did not impress me. If you go by this years strength of schedule, you will find that Indys was the 2nd easiest schedule of all AFC teams.
Source link here: http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference

Try and take off your flying Elvis glasses for a minute. The Colts kicked our ASS. They kicked Pittsburgh's ASS. They can't help it if their division sucks. Neither can Jacksonville. I don't like the Colts at all, but to say they went 13-0 due to a weak schedule is crap. They won every game, tough or no.

If Brady plays like he's capable of for 60 minutes, we can go all the way without Bruschi. We've seen Brady play a perfect series, even a perfect half, but can he play that way for an entire game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes