Welcome to PatsFans.com

How exactly do you negotiate with people like this?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Mar 22, 2007.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +124 / 7 / -13

I hear how we should negotiate with terrorist, how do you do that with people who teaches this to children:

link to the video:

http://www.pmw.org.il/asx/PMW_mamareem2007.asx
  2. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

MOABS....everywhere.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Japanese also had (some still have?) a strong sense of "only their way is right, cannot compromise with 'barbarians'", but after some decades of interaction with America and the West, they have overcome ignorance and fear of others, learned things are not as "bad" as they had once thought. In fact, can be very good, better than living in isolation.

Most Palestinians/Muslims do not want the kind of extremist, life-denying violence that a tiny few are preaching. Most Muslims are normal people, just like most of any other group. It is the very few but extremely radical who can influence by their use of mass communication. If the radical extremists are isolated away from the majority, the majority would be able to live in peace.

//
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm sure the Iraqi people see the humor in our commander in cheif, they probably laugh all the way to their destroyed homes, families and country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBIeJ2d87NY

FogBeezy really said it best, most of us would probably get along if given the chance to understand one another's culture. It just seems that the loudest voices these days are screaming hate from both sides.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +124 / 7 / -13

What extremist????

Hamas is the majority party of the Palestinian government not a fringe group, this type of stuff is standard fare over there.

Kepp deluding your self if it makes you feel bettter and allows you to keep focusing on your Bush hatred.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

The video is an example of why I don't think peace is possible there in my lifetime.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +164 / 4 / -4

Perhaps if we provided Hamas with weapons like ours they could kill people in the more civilized way that we do.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Defending Hamas's tactics are we?
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well maybe they'd use our weaons but the targets would still be women and children.:eek: There is no moral comparison.:mad:
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +164 / 4 / -4

No, but in war, the leaders are always sacrificing the innocent to achieve their aims. It's certainly worse to put a child in harm's way than an 18 year old, but frankly neither approach should be called moral.

We write the rules of war to our advantage, and our rules basically say our way of killing is okay, while we're their way is evil. Frankly, I don't think you're going to convince the enemy to give up its most effective weapons (younger troops) just as you're not going us to give up ours (young troops).
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Yup, you're right. It's ok to brainwash 4 year olds to become suicide bombers who's target will be other children. Funny how you try to say I don't care about kids. HA! Well, if caring about kids means hoping they are molested for the purposes of political explotation, or brainwashing them to strap C4 and nails to their waste to kill other kids, I'm glad I'm not the caring type. :D
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +164 / 4 / -4

I did not say it's okay, but you have chosen to hear that. War is immoral, even when it's necessary. It's never moral to kill people, though sometimes we have no choice. The debate here is who is more immoral. I would certainly say the suicide bombers are more immoral, but he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

And I just don't understand your backhanded defense of Foley and the cover up Republicans. You should be attacking them for allowing Foley's behavior to go unheeded. In a political system there are political consequences to pay for bad behavior. What did you want the fallout to be from the Foley scandal; a landslide for the people who covered up the abuse?
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

War is immoral in most cases, I'd agree. However, calling 4 year old suicide bombers troops is laughable.

You really are sad. Never have I, nor will I ever, defend a creep like Foley. Of course, since when have facts mattered much to you. :rolleyes:
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +164 / 4 / -4

What would you call them?

Don't dish it out, RW, if you can't take the heat. As long as you distort my position, I'll do the same to you. That said, it appears that you are bothered that the Democrats punished the Republicans for the Foley scandal. You call it exploitation, I call it democracy. In a democracy, when one Party does bad things, the other points fingers and says, "We can do better." That's how it's always worked and not just here.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Hmmm, um, maybe suicide bombers? :rolleyes:

I posted your position directly. I didn't distort anything. They were your own words, direct posts. Matter of fact, your defending that very position again. Don't be upset at me because of what you say.

Again Frauders, I call a spade a spade, and don't hide from anything I say. If I'm wrong, I have no problems admitting so, unlike you. I'm very clear of my positions, and have stated countless times that the GOP loss in Novemeber was completely deserved. I've also pointed out that the Dem win was a matter of Coke or Pepsi, the sad state of politics in this country. To you, it's a matter of party before principle, as you've illustrated yet again with your highlighted words above.
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +164 / 4 / -4

No RW, you certainly distort my position when you say, "Well, if caring about kids means hoping they are molested for the purposes of political exploitation." You on the other seem more concerned with Democrats exploiting scummy Republicans than with scummy Republicans exploiting young people. Where are your principles? What do you think the Democrats should have done? Joined the cover up?

Just as you mostly defend Republican political views and politicians, I defend Democratic ones. The fact is the Democrats have been out of office for quite a few years and in that time they have not had the opportunity to lie, steal, and cheat like the Republicans have had. You have to clean up house, and the only one who can do that in DC is the opposing party, in this case the Democrats. In time, the pendulum will swing the other way. I support efforts to make government more open and get rid of corruption. You mistake that for "Party before principle." By the way, when the conservative Judicial Watch went to court to force Clinton to release various records, I supported that group on those issues.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Whatever makes you feel better bud. :rolleyes:

I've said 1,000 times that I am a fiscal conservative who believes in small government, and that I do not like liberal political policies as they are based entirely on emotion versus sanity. When you do that math, you'll probably see me more on the right side of center than the left. I'm all about being fair, calling a spade a spade, and holding people accountable. Can you say the same? I don't think so. You see everything in a party first, D=Good, R=Bad point of view.