Welcome to PatsFans.com

How dumb does FOX think its viewers are?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

This reminds me of when US news paid Iraqis to celebrate around Saddam's toppled statue, when in fact the entire city square was empty. The cameras zoomed in to make it look like there were a ton of (non-paid) people.

The unfortunate issue about the ridiculousness of Fox, is that it works. Their content is sensationalist, is very good at using emotions or easy to remember concepts, all spun in a propagandist way.

I also think that Fox viewers in general are also just less educated and more easily/blindly influenced by icons they trust. These are the same people who bought the lie that Iraq was related to 9-11, started saying 'Freedom Fries' instead of 'French Fries', and that Islam as a religion wants to dominate the world and they they "hate us for our freedom".

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  3. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sadly, free speech covers this...

You have a choice to not watch, and unfortunately, people are stupid, and eat it up.

4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

I saw that, don't know what to say so i'll throw out some words ....fraudulent, pathetic, comical, pitiful, duplicitous, a sham, a sham of a news organization.

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Kind of the same as Dems on MSNBC using generic "do you want healthcare reform" polls to argue for the crap they're offering even though the polls on "do you want THIS healthcare reform" are show the American people do not want it.

Same sh!t.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 20 / -30

Does that make what Fox did OK??? I do not get all these situational ethics..

7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

It's fairly strongly related, it's about lying about the healthcare bill. If Fox made it look like there were more people there, then no that's not OK - but it's no worse than par for the course with what MSNBC does. LOL at you, you and Patters and masters at situational ethics.

8. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

You usually see what faux did on a comedy show like SNL or The Daily Show not the news. I almost fell out of my chair when i saw it it was so obvious, faux has lost ALL credibility, not that it had much to begin with.
    Selectivly using statistical data is one thing everyone can find statistics to back their argument but editing tape is a whole nother matter.

9. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

The fact that they have all you liberal loons up in arms is good enough for me. They must be doing something right?

10. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Our country, and politics have degraded into a game of lowest common denominator. As long as someone else is doing it, it's a hall pass for you to do it as well.

11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

That's crap. Using generic healthcare reform data for this healthcare reform data is just as bad and misleading, they can't find stats to back up their argument so they use other stats.

12. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Its not crap, you could go find statistics to back any side of an argument up. I'm sure that you found some to dispute the "generic health care" data. And besides thats not the point, the point is juggling stats is one thing editing tape to back a lie is another. Faux CLAIMS to be a news orginization there should be some ethical standards of conduct, Fox is clearly a propaganda machine.

13. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

One other thing, i don't care who did it. It could have been CNN, ABC CBS, NBC etc. i would say they need to have better ethical standars.

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

No you can't. Sorry.

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

No you wouldn't, otherwise you'd call out MSNBC for the crap they pull. You defend them.

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +676 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

And Fox does the same thing with it's healthcare polls - only in reverse. They ask "do you want THIS health care reform billbring offered" and then take those numbers and offer them as proof that the majority of the people they polled don't want ANY reform - even tho that wasn't the question asked.

Polls are always skewed. It depends on the demography, the number of people questioned, the way the question is worded and the type of choices offered as an answer. That's why they have + and - points and even then, depending on the bias of the people taking the poll, there's room for error.

Fox offers their polls on a Fox new site and MSNBC offers their polls on their web site - of course the answers are going to be different - and biased. How many people read both? And those that are savvy enough to do so probably aren't sucked into wasting time on bogus polls which are already heavily tilted in favor of whoever's taking it by virtue of the audience participating.

Now doctored pictures - that's another whole story.

17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 20 / -30

If you are asked a question, does not need to descend into an ad hominen attack... just curious.

18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

When has MSNBC ever done something as outrageous as edit tape? If they did i would condem them just like i did faux.

19. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Again, if your saying that the generic health care data is fraudulent then you must have been able to compare it to something else. What is so hard about saying faux blatantly lied, its obvious they were way out of bounds on this. OK blatantly lied would be hard for you to say its harsh, how about faux was disingenuous.

20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

BF,

admit this is shady, and classless.....and move on.

Defending this is silly.