PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How does Welker NOT make the Pro Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
He should be in there over Houshmanzadeh.

Dallas had 11 players picked

Please. Welker was probably the best slot receiver this year but receivers aren't selected like that. I didn't think Houshe made it - it was Moss, Wayne and Edwards.

He should be in there over Houshmanzadeh.

Dallas had 11 players picked

I (for all intensive purposes) agree with you.

I think that Wes Welker should have made the probowl, especially since 11 players on Dallas made it.

I (for all intensive purposes) agree with you.

I think that Wes Welker should have made the probowl, especially since 11 players on Dallas made it.

Not to go all English major on you but it's "for all intents and purposes"

This is silly homerism. Housh is having a better season, and has been overlooked for a long time. He certainly deserves the nod over Welker.

I agree Housh deserves the nod. Through 8 game she was on pace for like 154 receptions (I know; I have him in my point per reception fantasy league).

Had Henry not returned from his suspension there is no doubt he would have shattered Marvin Harrison's single season record.

As is, he'll still likely end up with 110+ catches. Please go find all the WRs who had 110+ catches in a season and show me the one(s) that did not go to the Pro Bowl.

Housh should make it over Welker, definately...But Welker could definately be the 5th receiver...For some strange reason there are only 4 WRs selected. Makes very little sense.

Dallas in irrelevant. The last I heard they played in a different conference. It used to be that New England was proud that we won with a TEAM rather than with a few individual stars. That being said, Welker has NOT been one the four top receivers in the AFC.

It's too bad that Chad didnt make it in. Would have been cool to see Brady under center with him and Moss lined up outside. A nice preview of what our team could look like in a couple of years. ;)

This is silly homerism. Housh is having a better season, and has been overlooked for a long time. He certainly deserves the nod over Welker.

Housh has a slight edge in catches, yards and 3 more TDs. Their statistics are (for all intents and purposes) exactly the same. Wes is doing it on a 14-0 team, TJ is a "difference maker" on a 5-9 squad. Wes is considered the best at his position; TJ, not so much. I think Wes deserves to be there more than TJ.

NAME REC YDS AVG YPG LNG TD
TJ WR, CIN 101 1028 10.2 73.4 42 11
WW WR, NWE 96 1004 10.5 71.7 42 8

Last edited:
Housh has a slight edge in catches, yards and 3 more TDs. Their statistics are (for all intents and purposes) exactly the same. Wes is doing it on a 14-0 team, TJ is a "difference maker" on a 5-9 squad. Wes is considered the best at his position; TJ, not so much. I think Wes deserves to be there more than TJ.

The fact that Welker plays on a better team does NOT make him more deserving to go to the Pro Bowl.

I agree Housh deserves the nod. Through 8 game she was on pace for like 154 receptions (I know; I have him in my point per reception fantasy league).

Had Henry not returned from his suspension there is no doubt he would have shattered Marvin Harrison's single season record.

As is, he'll still likely end up with 110+ catches. Please go find all the WRs who had 110+ catches in a season and show me the one(s) that did not go to the Pro Bowl.

I truthfully was very wary of Housh making it to the ProBowl. During the first half of the season he was on fire and was working towards setting records. But during the second half of the season the QB and WRs have had a complete meltdown. This was very evident during the SF game. Also it has been said in quite a few corners of the NFL that CJ and TJ are very vocally bashing teammates in the locker room and disrupting team chemistry.

His season, like his teamate 85, is having little impact in Cincy other than they two of them are tearing their own locker room apart. And they may have a point, but that's really no excuse. If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.

Welker on the other hand is having a tremendous impact on a team with the most prolific #1 WR in the league.

I think the fans got it, but the player and coaches liklely have issues with Welker's pedigree. It takes a guy like Wes a couple of seasons to overcome that kind of prejudice. And I think some of the players and coaches may have given TJ the nod as a little slap at both Palmer and Ocho Cinco for their fairly public squabbles.

The real problem is the league cheaps out on pro bowl rosters at 42. There should be at least at 45 if not 53 players named in a league with 800 starters including ST, especially given the voters inability to dis former pro bowlers in decline.

There are only 4 WR slots and they tend to award them to 4 #1's. It was funny listening to Bill miked up trying to coach that kind of roster. He kept commenting to Josh last year that <fill in the blank> wasn't gonna block...

So despite the fact that TJ is having a better year, you think Welker should go in because he's on a better team?

you can complain that since there are so many good AFC receivers, that WW didn't make it, but don't say he should make it over T.J.

because that is stupid. No one wants to be a stupid idiot.

I thought Kelley Washington might make it as a special teamer. He has impressed the heck out of me on ST this season!

Last edited:

Pure 1000% homerism. lol- You lay out the numbers that completely favor Housh... in attempt to prove that Welker is actually having the better year? :rolleyes:

Come on man... lol Just say "I like Welker better, and think he should make it because he plays for our team" (then waive the pom-pom's twice and clap).

Housh is having a better season.period. He has produced at a high level for a long time, but has always been overshadowed by CJ. This is his year, he's earned it.

So despite the fact that TJ is having a better year, you think Welker should go in because he's on a better team?

Depends on your definition of better year. Is catching five extra passes and three TDs better when they are in a losing effort? TJ has been targeted 28 more times than Wes and he has five catches, 24 yards and three TDs more. Wes has been more productive. He deserves it more.

I'd like to slant this the other way:

Given that Jacksonville has NO players going to the Pro Bowl, how does Matt Light MAKE the Pro Bowl?

Khalif Barnes should be there over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes