PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How does Roger Goodell go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I don't really understand the internal politics of the NFL, so I'm hoping someone who knows more can offer those of us who don't some kind of enlightenment. How is one ousted? I don't know of it ever happening before. Everyone else, unless I'm mistaken, has just retired on their own.

I continue to hear that Kraft is (or at least was) Roger's biggest "and most powerful" supporter.
Can anyone explain this? Despite being more business savvy than many other NFL owners, aren't they all equally equal? What does Kraft's support or lack of support have to do with anything?

Is there any evidence at all that any other owners dislike Roger Goodell as the NFL commissioner? Why wouldn't they like him? The only team he seems to be unjust with is the Patriots, tarnishing the teams reputation with CameraPlacementGate and now UnderInflatedBallsGate. I somehow doubt this keeps the Rooney's up at night.

Footballs a "tick below" regulation seem to be far more important to the public than the Baltimore Ravens trying to cover up and deceive the league and nation regarding the Ray Rice brutality. If he dodged that bullet, it's hard to imagine anything he couldn't easily just double-talk his way out of.

What is a realistic path to Roger Goodell being ousted as NFL Commish?

Is all mention of Robert Kraft as it relates to the security of his job just media nonsense?

If not, why?

Unanswerable question unless someone here has polled the 32 owners. He serves at their supermajority pleasure.

Sitting, of course.

I would imagine other owners might not be thrilled with the Ray Rice scandal, AP scandal, and in general the bad pr from domestic disturbances. No idea how many.

I think the real thing Goodell should be worried about is how influential Kraft is. Reportedly Kraft changed some minds in the last CBA negotiations.

I agree with your overall point though that I am not sure enough owners would care enough about this to try and fire Goodell. I would imagine either a 2/3 majority or possibly all owners would need to agree before firing could occur.

I don't really understand the internal politics of the NFL, so I'm hoping someone who knows more can offer those of us who don't some kind of enlightenment. How is one ousted? I don't know of it ever happening before. Everyone else, unless I'm mistaken, has just retired on their own.

I continue to hear that Kraft is (or at least was) Roger's biggest "and most powerful" supporter.
Can anyone explain this? Despite being more business savvy than many other NFL owners, aren't they all equally equal? What does Kraft's support or lack of support have to do with anything?

Is there any evidence at all that any other owners dislike Roger Goodell as the NFL commissioner? Why wouldn't they like him? The only team he seems to be unjust with is the Patriots, tarnishing the teams reputation with CameraPlacementGate and now UnderInflatedBallsGate. I somehow doubt this keeps the Rooney's up at night.

Footballs a "tick below" regulation seem to be far more important to the public than the Baltimore Ravens trying to cover up and deceive the league and nation regarding the Ray Rice brutality. If he dodged that bullet, it's hard to imagine anything he couldn't easily just double-talk his way out of.

What is a realistic path to Roger Goodell being ousted as NFL Commish?

Is all mention of Robert Kraft as it relates to the security of his job just media nonsense?

If not, why?
goodell sucks 15.jpg

The NFL can cure some of it's ills (and maybe all of it) by getting rid of Goodell. He is the poster child
of incompetence. Lets take a look at his utter failures that you can lead directly to him.

- Replacement Referees fiasco. The fiasco cost GB a win that ultimately resulted in SF getting a first round bye instead of them. Who knows what would have happened if the GB got the win.

-Absolute power. He was given absolute power and his ego got in the way. The was he handled the Saints bountygate was ridiculous.

-Ray Rice debacle.

-Not shutting down the stupid deflategate story.

There is more, but this is enough to get him fired.

The NFL can cure some of it's ills (and maybe all of it) by getting rid of Goodell. He is the poster child
of incompetence. Lets take a look at his utter failures that you can lead directly to him.

- Replacement Referees fiasco. The fiasco cost GB a win that ultimately resulted in SF getting a first round bye instead of them. Who knows what would have happened if the GB got the win.

-Absolute power. He was given absolute power and his ego got in the way. The was he handled the Saints bountygate was ridiculous.

-Ray Rice debacle.

-Not shutting down the stupid deflategate story.

There is more, but this is enough to get him fired.

Not to mention going overboard on spygate. Also was overturned by Paul Tagliabie in bountygate. The problem with him is that he does not possess the intelligence for such a position and acts like the league's moral cop.

Technically, it takes a vote of 24 of the 32 owners to fire Goodell.

Practically, I imagine Goodell would leave "on his own" (no doubt with a negotiated hefty golden parachute) if it became clear that half the owners were against him (or maybe even fewer, depending on who the specific owners were).

If the Ray Rice scandal doesn't get him fired I don't know what will. Our own Bob Kraft supported Goodell during the Ray Rice fiasco. The owners probably think Goodell has made them richer because of the gain in popularity and increased profits of the NFL. But the reality is the NFL has gotten more popular DESPITE Goodell.

I don't think most owners care at all about how the deflate-gate has been handled because it is against the Patriots and, obviously, the Patriots success has left a lot of bad blood, heart ache, pain, suffering, misery, disbelief, anger, and sour grapes in it's wake amongst fans, players, coaches, the media, and the owners of other teams.

It seems to have put a strain on Goodell's relationship with one of his strongest supporters, Bob Kraft, though.

I also hate the way Goodell looks

I wouldn't let Goodell run my kids lemonade stand. Within hours it would catch fire and my kids would be in jail.

Great businessman, **** Commissioner.

Perp walk, handcuffed behind back, being roughed up by guys in black suits like some bad detective movie.

Perp walk, handcuffed behind back, being roughed up by guys in black suits like some bad detective movie.
He asked how it will be, not how it should be. :)
BTW, Saints fans are still upset by the mishandling of Bountygate. (Yes, mishandling. The previous commissioner admonished him for how he handled it.)

He will get things right. Don't you believe Goodell will get things right?

I imagine Goodell would leave "on his own" (no doubt with a negotiated hefty golden parachute)
I understand the concept but damn, that stuffed shirt took home $79 million over the last two years alone. Everything he owns is made of gold already. He probably uses gold-embossed toilet paper. How much more does he need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back